the twenty-second text

genevieve hadn't told xavier everything. she had told him the basic gist, excluding a few details, as in, the fact lennon made her feel something she couldn't quite place.

12:43 pm

hey x.

you here today?

or too sleepy to come to school?

i'm trying for the perfect attendance award as usual, gennie.

nerd.

she waited for him by his locker, wondering if lennon had returned from his leave of absence.

"you seem worried," xavier said, opening his locker, putting his textbooks inside and grabbing his brown paper bag which contained his lunch.

they walked towards the park, which flooded genevieve with memories. of her. listening to his voicemail. t h a t day. the crisp winter air bit her skin. she shivered slightly, pulling on her pair of mittens. they took a seat on the bench that was lightly dusted with snow.

xavier pulled off his scarf and passed it to her. she grabbed it and put it back around him.

"you don't even have gloves on, you're going to catch a cold," she said, with a frown.

"but you're shivering-"

she reached for his glasses and wiped them off with her mittens, "they were foggy."

he gave her a small smile.

"x, he hasn't been replying to my texts-"

"have you actually been texting him dail-"

"i'm very worried. i don't even know if he's attending school," she said, "he's... in a rough spot right now."

she traded her mug of tea for xavier's cup of coffee. in silence, they sat. xavier let out a long exhale of breath.

"there's a way. to find him, i mean," he said, quickly.

genevieve took his hand, "i need to get to him, x. he could be doing horrible things," she paused, "to himself."

xavier's eyebrows furrowed.

"i don't know if he already has. but he's depressed. and he's not taking his antidepressants, anymore."

"we can track his phone number-"

genevieve gave him a look of hope, "you're the tech-y one here, not me."

"but i'd rather use that as a last resort, you know? maybe instead, look for files in the school office," he said.

soft snow started to fall. genevieve looked down, as did xavier. he took a sip of the tea. she shivered. he moved closer to her.

"what do you know about him, gennie?"

"i know his ospeak account name, i have his phone number, he mentioned that the beatles had some relevance to him-"

"gennie. you mentioned that his brother's name was jude. obviously his name must tie in with the beatles somehow. go to the office, look through the school computer and look for a name in our grade that has a beatles reference."

xavier said it as if it was just that simple. genevieve gave him a look of annoyance.

"and how do you propose i do that?"

he gave her a smug smile, "you're genevieve mathers, school president. you have a u t h o r i t y."

1:45 pm

it's one forty five.

good luck, gennie.

idk if i should do this.

xavier looked up from his phone, and gave her a look from across the room.

fine i'm going.

she raised her hand, grasping the teacher's attention, "i'm feeling really sick."

xavier nodded to her from across the room, as the teacher suggested she go see the nurse.

feeling a pit of guilt in her stomach, from lying to her favourite teacher, she left the classroom, turned the corner and made her way towards the office. 

this time, she was going to learn l e n n o n ' s name.

he wasn't lennon. he wasn't anon.

she was going to learn his real one.

a u t h o r ' s n o t e :

yay an update

do you have a map? i'm getting lost in your eyes.

(( i find pick up lines amusing so you guys should totally comment your favourite pick up line, because it'll probably make me laugh. a lot. ))

i've had lennon's 'real name' planned from the start and i love it so much, hopefully you all will love it as much

vote to support gms for the wattys ((!))

xx simran