☾Chapter 16: Hunter☽

(Y/n), Takuma, and Akatsuki arrived to the Moon dorms in time. Takuma's grand elegant birthday cake stood in the middle of the common room as the rest of the Night Class, Yuki, and Zero stood waiting for Takuma. Some of the Night Class students had wrapped small gifts in their hands for Takuma. However, Kaname still has not come back from his 'so-called' meeting.

          Takuma arrived with a large smile on his face, "I cannot thank everyone enough who came for my birthday. I am very glad everybody could make it and can celebrate with me!"

          Everyone in the Moon dorm conversed a bit. Aido came skipping over to (Y/n) with a cheerful expression, "Oh hello, (Y/n)! Fancy seeing you here~ I wonder what a night it'll be with you here~" He circled around (Y/n) and smirked, "Maybe tonight I can show you how much of an idol I am!"

(Y/n) pushed the blond vampire away groaning, "Get lost!"

            Aido pouted, "Aww, don't worry! One day you will see that I am truly Aido the Idol! I will try to make you like me one way or the other!" And with that, he sauntered away to talk to Akatsuki. Soon after, Shiki approached (Y/n) out of the blue. The quiet mahogany haired vampire blushed, "H-hey,"

(Y/n) smiled, "Hello Shiki! Are you enjoying yourself here?"

Shiki avoided (Y/n)'s eyes, "It's alright, I wish the cake was Pocky though..."

(Y/n) then said, "Hahah. I ate the box of Pocky you gave me that night, and it tasted twice as good! You know why? You gave it to me!"

          A small smile started to curl on Shiki's face, "Thanks..." That was a rare sight to see of Shiki. A bored Rima appeared between the two and dragged Shiki away to talk to him...

         (Y/n) was going to go after Shiki to ask him something, but Zero pulled (Y/n) into his chest and asked, "Why did you come? I don't want these vampires all over you.."

       (Y/n) answered in a sighing tone, "Zero, everything is going to be fine. Stop being such a worrywart,"

The silver haired male grunted in annoyance, "I just.. want to protect the klutz you are,"

(Y/n) hit Zero lightly in the chest laughing, "Enough, you don't have to go calling me a klutz,"

(Y/n), Yuki, Zero, and the rest of the vampires wished Takuma a happy birthday before the blond vampire decided to cut the cake.

Takuma turned to (Y/n), "Would you like to cut the cake with me, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) was caught offguard, "Me?"

The kind vampire nodded, "Of course, that will make my birthday all the better."

"Uhh... may I ask how old you are, Takuma?" asked a curious (Y/n).

Takuma chuckled briefly, "Hm, I'm turning 18 in vampire years,"

(Y/n) teased, "You must be over 100 years old then... just kidding~"

Takuma shook his head grinning, "Age is just a number,"

           As he talked to (Y/n), Takuma accidentally made a thin visible cut on his finger from carelessly holding the knife. (Y/n) gasped, "T-Takuma! Your finger!"

           The blond vampire tilted his head and frowned, "Oh? It seems I've made a cut on myself... That is not good." The cut had blood oozing out slowly..

           Zero immediately started twitching and grasped his own chest in pain at the sight of blood. His throat suddenly felt dry and constricted... The silver haired vampire started to lose his composure... His eyes stared at Takuma's bleeding finger for a few seconds, until he tore his gaze away and ran out the Moon dorms. The other Night Class students were unfazed by his exit as if they knew that he is a vampire. Yuki on the other hand became concerned quickly. She took a step to go find Zero, but (Y/n) halted her.

(Y/n) assured Yuki, "Yuki, stay here. I will go and find Zero..."

          (Y/n) went to chase after Zero in haste. She screamed, "Zero!" He finally stopped in front of the academy's pool and he turned around... His eyes glowed a bright crimson hue. Fangs protruded out from his mouth as he panted heavily, "Please... (Y/n).... leave me...."

        In a state of frenzy, Zero threw his gun towards (Y/n)'s feet and said harshly, "Shoot me the moment I move towards you - please..."

       His body was rejecting the blood tablets.. He desperately needed to feed.......... on blood.. (Y/n)'s blood... (Y/n) cried, "Zero! Get a hold of yourself!" She was conflicted on whether or not to use the bracelet Kaname gave her, but she needed a drop of Zero's blood to have the bracelet activate.. Zero bared his fangs at (Y/n) and without a moment of hesitation he launched himself at her like a crazed animal.

They both tumbled together into the pool with a splash. (Y/n) surfaced to the water and saw a tall shadowy figure approach the pool.

"Stop right there, vampire." threatened a deep husky voice.

           A click of a gun was heard as Zero came up above the water. Zero's eyes slowly went back to his usual lilac color. The fall in the water had snapped Zero out of his bloodthirst state. Droplets of water dripped from Zero's bangs.. He clutched his shoulder and glared at the muscular shadow figure who can now be seen clearly beneath the moonlight...

           It was a man with long, wavy, jet-black hair and stern blue eyes. His right eye was under an eyepatch covering a scar that ran through his right eye. He bore a wide brimmed hat with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. Not a second to lose he had his own gun pointed towards Zero ready to shoot.

The man scoffed in a mocking tone, "I never thought I'd see the day where I'd use a gun on my very own student..."

Zero spat, "...Sensei.."

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]