Jonah Clarke Is An Idiot

Author's Note: Hola! Listen if you read the previous chapter, it has been rewritten to better represent an allergic reaction because I kinda screwed up but some of you were lovely enough to point that out (damn that always sounds sarcastic but I promise it's not) so you might want to go back and read it else some of this might not make it sense. It's large the second half :) Anyway I'm off to London to do maths so don't expect an update for a while. I want to know where you guys are from, I'm always interested to see where my readers are from cause it's weird to think that you're from all over the world! Anyway I hope you enjoy the latest chapter of JCING which is dedicated to 5hoursofautumn for correcting me :)

It's not until two days later that Daniel sees Jonah again.

"You weren't in yesterday. Are you okay?" Is the first thing Daniel asks when he lays eyes on Jonah.

Jonah rolls his eyes in response but Daniel is persistent and refuses to move until Jonah answers the question.

"Fine," Jonah replies, "My mum wanted me to stay at home yesterday so she could keep an eye on me. I mean I still had to beg her to let me come in today."

"Why did you want to come to school?" Daniel says, turning his nose up in disgust.

"To see your gorgeous face of course."

Jonah winks at Daniel and Daniel can feel his cheeks flush. Because Daniel still hasn't stopped thinking about the texts that Jonah sent last night, hasn't stopped trying to find some underlying meaning that means that Jonah isn't flirting with him. Perhaps Daniel is overreacting; perhaps all friends send each other texts alluding to wanting to try out sexual acts with each other. But somehow Daniel thinks maybe not.

"Are you coming or what?"

It is only then that Daniel realises he still hasn't moved and that Jonah is talking to him from halfway down the corridor with an impatient expression on his face as if Daniel exasperates him more than anything else.

"Yeah."

Daniel's mind seems to be all over the place this morning as his attention flits to the numerous couples making out in the middle of the corridor to the brightly coloured posters that are seemingly blue tacked to every single surface.

"So do you want to come round to mine tomorrow?" Jonah's voice brings Daniel out of his reverie.

"Do you want me to?"

"Of course."

"Why?"

"Cause I like spending time with you dickhead," Jonah sighs, and Daniel gets the feeling that he might be starting to get on Jonah's nerves.

"I meant is there a specific reason?"

"Well there's a match on we could watch together."

"Hell no, I'm not watching football, I actually have no idea what happens during those matches, all they do is kick the ball around."

"There'll be eye candy," Jonah pouts.

Daniel snorts at that. As if he could be bribed by something as petty as cute guys, does Jonah know nothing about him?

"Please Danny-Boy," Jonah says shuffling closer to him, "I really want to watch the match with you."

"Why?" Daniel asks.

"Because out of all my friends, you've got the best knowledge of balls."

Daniel would be tempted to hit Jonah for saying that but Jonah's voice has dropped to a level that Daniel can only just here and so instead of hitting the boy, Daniel moves closer to him.