Chapter 18

It was late that night, when Emily returned home. She had, eventually, fallen asleep while in the forest. Her mood remained a little tainted, and the last thing she wished was to be at the same house as Kyle. However, she decided that it would be better to sleep in her bed and save some warriors the work of looking after her.

The moment she opened the door at the back of the house, the one that would lead her to the kitchen, Kyle appeared in front of her. His hair was disheveled, his shoulders tense and his eyes full of worry.

"I thought you wouldn't come back." He said looking at the floor.

What was that? Did he want her to go to another place?

Before she could comprehend that she was speaking, that question left her lips.

Kyle shook his head and approached Emily slowly, like he was afraid that if he was too fast, she would bolt through the door and this time, not coming back.

"I... I'm sorry about earlier." He said lifting his gaze to her green one.

Emily remained silent for some moments and that made Kyle nervous. She was impulsive most of the time and he was counting on some yelling from her part. Silence was the worst she could give him.

"I'm tired. I need some sleep." She turned to walk around him but he grabbed her wrist, pulling her to him. His arms wrapped around her and his head bent to the crook of her neck. He took a deep breath, making his heart increase the rhythm, like she was his drug and he was the addict, ready to take his dose.

Emily didn't have time to react or make a sound. Kyle's arms engulfed her in a tight hug, not letting her move even an inch. He remained still, just holding her like she was the most precious thing he had in his life.

She was so confused. How could it be that one moment he was distant, shoving her out of his way, and the other so caring?

"I'm glad that you are back and that you are all right." He said, letting her go and taking a step aside, so she could go on her way. Emily didn't move. She was so astonished that, she could not command her legs to start working. Their eyes were locked and for some moments, she could have sworn that Kyle had, more than once, looked at her lips. Eventually, he broke the connection and cleared his throat. His voice was coarse when he spoke.

"You better go and have some sleep. Tomorrow you will have to train with the rest of the warriors. Sleep well." He took long strides to walk out of the room. She watched him leave in silence and then, she went to bed, more confuse than ever.

Kyle crossed the glass door, that lead to the living room, and waited to see if Emily was going to her room. He saw the female responsible for his disturbed mind disappear up the stairs that lead to the upper floor. His wolf was trying to have control but he restrained it.

He had let Emily cross a barrier that he didn't intend to be crossed by anyone, but most of all, by her. God, his blood was still boiling with his desire for that female and he would be dammed if he let his cock take control over his mind, again. 

Exhausted with everything that had happen during the day, he headed to his quarters, praying to have a good and rested night of sleep. Emily's door was already closed and he thanked her silently for that. The way his urges were guiding his actions today, he would have end up in her bed if she so much as looked at him with hungry eyes or puppy ones. She pulled everything that was male and protective from him with just a simple stare.

He went to bed, still feeling the way Emily had fit between his arms, so perfect and right. He cursed himself for he knew that, his days of control and keeping his hands to himself were coming to an end.