Chapter 2

Derek

Lydia was fucking ridiculous. How could she just push someone -who Derek has liked since his freshman year- on him without warning. Derek had never even considered the fact that Stiles might be gay, but he was just so fucking perfect, yet annoying and sarcastic, he just couldn't stop himself from having the slightest of crushes on him. Except that crush was now one hundred times worse, considering  the four years since then. Stiles was just now coming out as gay -Derek thought, anyways- and she just pushed Stiles on him. Derek was ready for a full-out relationship with him, which is why he didn't jump on the guy about going out as soon as he heard. Stiles probably wan't ready for all of that commitment. 

Yet here they were, Stiles sitting inches from Derek while Lydia -not so subtly- tried to sneak pictures of them together. They weren't even doing anything cute, but Lydia was in full fangirl mode and she kept giggling whenever she looked over at them. Allison wasn't any better. 

"Stiles, it's your turn," Lydia told him, smiling excitedly at the boy. We had just started the game, so Stiles hadn't gone yet. 

He stood up shakily, looking between Lydia and Derek nervously. "I, uh-- I'm not very good at this," Stiles admitted, and Derek kind of thought it was adorable when he blushed. 

Lydia saw her chance, and she took it. She hopped up from her seat next to Allison, smoothing down her frilly red skirt. "Derek, why don't you help him?" she suggested, and Derek really wanted to throw something at her right now. She smiled innocently when Derek glared and twirled her strawberry blonde hair. She had never been subtle, which Derek knew, so he couldn't really be mad. Plus, she was only trying to help him get the guy he'd been pining after for three and a half years. 

Stiles stepped away, reaching for his ball and shook his head. "It's okay, you don't have to help me, Derek. I'll just--"

"I can help you," Derek interrupted, mostly because Lydia would be upset if he didn't, but also because he'd have an excuse to touch Stiles. As creepy as it sounds, Derek had always wondered what it would be like to feel Stiles' smooth skin, or to have their hands accidentally touch. 

Stiles nodded slowly, eyes widening noticeably as  Derek stepped closer. "Thanks," Stiles managed, turning away from him. They both walked up to the lane, Stiles with the bowling ball in his hands, shaking a little. "You didn't have to help me," Stiles whispered to Derek, who was about to say something. 

Derek shrugged, awkwardly placed his large hands on Stiles' small shoulders, and sighed. "Lydia wouldn't have shut up if I didn't. I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable though." 

Stiles looked back at Derek and smiled small. "I'm okay. Just help me so Lydia can stop freaking out over how cute we are. It's annoying," Stiles laughed, nervously, but still a laugh.

"Yeah, try being friends with that for almost four years. It's tiring," Derek replied, and now he was readjusting himself so that on hand was on Stiles' rib cage and the other was holding his wrist. "Anyways," Derek said, staring down the lane. "Just swing your arm like this-"

"Wait, like this?" Stiles questioned, trying to mimic Derek's actions. "I think I'm doing it wrong, this is awful," Stiles whined, popping his bottom lip out.