20- Surprise Dates

"You sure came in late last night," Jasper yawns as I'm pouring myself a cup of coffee and he pads down the stairs and then into the bathroom. When he comes back out, he continues talking. "I tried to wait up but I eventually fell asleep. Where'd you go?"

"Just went out to clear my head," I shrug innocently.

"You sound a lot better than you sounded yesterday- feeling better?" He wonders, pouring a cup of coffee for himself as I stir mine and wait for it to cool down.

"Much better," I assure him with a smile that I can't stop from showing.

"And you didn't talk to Noah at all?" He wondered skeptically.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him. "No, I didn't talk to Noah. I did, however, break the celibacy rule. But it's not what you think."

"It's not what I think," He repeats, blinking at me a few times.

"No, it's not," I tell him. "I didn't just have sex to have sex. You see, the thing is that I went over to the tree house. You know, the one at Scott's house. And I just went there to think by myself, but then Scott showed up and-"

"Oh wow," Jasper breathes, interrupting me when he sees where this is going. "You're right- that wasn't what I thought."

"Yeah," I sigh. "Well, I thought that he would be an exception to the rule so I didn't think that you'd mind."

"Um. I guess not," He says, trying to decide how he should react to the news. "So are you together now then or was it just a heat of the moment type of thing?"

"I think we're gonna try dating," I tell him, walking into the living room to sit down on the couch as Jasper does the same. "Which goes against my policy, I know, but everything was so intense last night so it was worth it."

"Well, that's good. Yeah, good for you, Jo," Jasper nods, sipping at his hot coffee. "I just really didn't see that coming."

"Me neither," I smile. "But it happened. And it was awesome."

"But how? I mean what happened?"

"Well, like I said, I was in the tree house and then he came in and he said that after his dinner with Phoebe, he'd come to the tree house to think- it's a good place to think, I guess- and he said some other stuff too and then he accused me of liking him, he told me that he liked me too, paraphrasing, of course, and then we were kissing and I'm sure you can take it from there."

"That just seems too easy," He tells me with a small chuckle.

"Don't ruin this for me." I deadpan.

"No, I'm not, I'm just saying that it's kind of funny that you were all sad for a whole week when it turns out that he liked you back. But then boom, you're together. It's great, I just love the irony."

"Of course you do," I chuckle.

"So is he coming over today or something? Like where'd you leave things?" He wonders.

I just shrug. "I mean, he said that he'd call me today but we didn't really talk afterwards. I figured that you'd get worried if I didn't show up at the apartment so I came back."

"I'm glad that I'm the first thing to pop into your head in your post-coital thoughts," Jasper tells me sarcastically as I grab the remote from the coffee table and flip the TV on.

"Jas, you definitely weren't the first thought in my head," I assure him, rolling my eyes at him again. "You flatter yourself."

The day is really relaxing, just me and Jasper. Conner has a lot of beginning-of-the-year crap to clear up so he's busy and won't be spending time with Jasper this weekend and last night both really exhausted me and put me in a really blissful type of mood so I am happy just sitting around and being happy and not worrying about anything.