Chapter 11: Pillow Talk

A/N: Sorry it's been so long! I was moving and didn't have WiFi for awhile, and then my muse was being a little bitch. Anyway, a note at the end of the chapter, if you guys would be so kind as to read.

*Veronica*

I'm used to waking up without knowing where I am. In fact, ninety-percent of the time, I have no flippin' clue where I am until I get a good look at the space I'm in. Being a hunter for so long, my brain knows not to panic if I don't recognize my location right away upon regaining consciousness. What freaks me out this time though is that someone is in bed with me.

Jayden and I have shared beds in the past, and even Macy and I, but they don't cuddle me like this. Well, Macy has, but usually there's the distinct feeling of boobs pressed against me--and besides that, she's generally not the big-spoon type. Upon realizing that I've been sleeping with someone else, I grow even more confused, because I don't sleep with my one-night-stands.

Standard procedure: I'm dressed and out the door before my brief partner has even fallen asleep all the way. That's the best way to do it. There's no awkward morning conversations, empty promises to call or text or anything like that. By the time they wake up the next morning, alone and recovering from their hangovers, they've probably already forgotten most of my face. It's rare that I stay 'til dawn, and even more rare that I don't wake up with a sense of dread. I feel... cozy.

Frowning, I blink into the darkness of the room. No windows? The bunker. Dean's room. Oh. Right. Dean and I had sex--amazing, fucking fantastic, mind-blowing sex. That explains why I'm in a bed, with another person, and don't feel as if I ought to shoot him in the head if he so much breathes in my general direction. This is a pleasant change.

As far as I can tell, we haven't moved at all since we fell asleep, and I'm rather comfortable using his muscular bicep as a pillow. However, I really need to pee, and while I'm thinking about it, I should probably grab a bite to eat. We bought all those groceries and probably missed dinner while we were doing the dirty. I should probably get Dean up too, since his gentle snoring strongly implies that he's not awake yet.

I sit up slowly, minding the sheets haphazardly thrown across us and begin scanning for some clothes. I can't very well cross the hall naked. I don't think Jayden would appreciate that very much if he caught me, us being cousins and all. I glance down at the state Dean and I are in, and almost roll my eyes, because, god, we look like a normal couple, with our legs tangled together and his arm looped around my waist and my fingers interlocked with his. Wait... are we a couple? Guess we should figure that out.

The snoring suddenly stops, and I glance down to see Dean blinking at me blearily. He squints for a second, and I wonder if he thinks this is some sort of dream or if he's not sure who was just lying in bed with him.

"Vee?" he grumbles.

I hum a confirmation and follow it with a yawn, running my free hand through my hair. Short though it may be, I still have sex-hair. Whatever. With all the noise we were making, I wouldn't be surprised if all of Kansas knows we were doing the hanky-panky. I feel him shift next to me, and miss the warmth of his arm when he removes it from my waist. A moment later, the bedside lamp flips on, and I'm squinting in the sudden light.

"Damn," he breathes, and it's so quiet I can barely hear him.

I twist to peer at him, and sigh as my back pops loudly and in succession at the motion.

"You look great."

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What are you talking about?" I question.