♚37. BELOVED

"Heroes need monsters to establish their heroic credentials

    "Heroes need monsters to establish their heroic credentials. You need something scary to overcome." ~ Margaret Atwood

J o r d y n T a m e

IT HAD BEEN two days since the one hundred members from the pack had made it to the island. Two days since the signal of Lexis' survival.

Danger and Councilwoman Tarah were still trying to find ways to activate the jets that would not jumpstart at the pack from his security room.

While I...I was left with the responsibility of now caring for and leading the one hundred of my people that were able to make it to the island.

"They want a statement..." Council woman Tarah tells me. "They want to know the fate of those they have left behind."

I stood in the mirror and looked at myself attentively. I wore a silver dress that cascaded down to the floor elegantly and some black heels. My hair was pulled into a sleek ponytail and my make up was bold.

"Here," Councilwoman Tarah says to me before placing my tiara on my head gently. I watched as she takes a small symbol of the pack's crest before placing in the space between my brows.

"What am I to tell them?" I question her before thinking pensively. "All we know for sure is that our Alpha is okay. Other than that, we have no follow ups on the thousands of members that were left behind at the pack."

She takes my hands in her's before squeezing them. "Then tell them something. Deflect their worries with positivity."

I shook my head before looking at her skeptically. "You mean lie?"

Councilwoman Tarah smiles softly before she looks to the floor. "Whatever it takes to keep up their spirits. Danger and I will figure out a way to get the rest of the pack here and while we are doing that you just do your part as Alpha female."

"I will not lie to my people." I persisted.

"Jordyn, you need to give them hope. You are not lying by not telling them everything. As a leader you must understand some things are better kept to yourself." She explains to me.

I sighed before glancing out the windows of my room. "I miss him so much." I whispered before looking over at her.

"Our Alpha is alive and you will see him again." She reassures me. "All you have to do right now is go into the gathering in the dining room and speak to your people."

   Councilwoman Tarah was right. Things were so much bigger than me and Lexis at this moment. This situation was not only affecting us but the safety of our pack members.