Chapter 24

Luke was halfway to the delivery room when he was stopped by two familiar Jedi from the Council.

     Luke blinked at one specific Master staring up at him. "Master Yoda. I did not know you had returned."

     "Yes...much has happened I see." The small green Jedi said with a frown.

     "Uh...yes Master...but I can explain-"

     Yoda held up a clawed hand, stopping Luke's attempted explanation.

     "Skywalker's son, you are then?" Yoda asked simply.

      Luke nodded, lowering his in shame. "I didn't mean to lie Master."

      "We understand. We said we trust you, and we still do. The supposed destruction of the Jedi that you mentioned, abled us to prepare. We...we still lost many fellow Jedi, but the casualty rate could have been much higher if it wasn't for you. And as for Anakin..." Mace paused, allowing Luke to take in the information. "...he may stay in the Order."

      "You...you're letting him stay!?" Luke said with a broad smile.

     "Yes...but off the Council he must be until ready to be a Master he is." Yoda said.

      "I think he'll understand." Luke said with relief, bowing in thanks to the two Jedi.

     "Skywalker, one last thing." Mace said before Luke could dart off. The Jedi Master sensed the boy's nerves and his anticipation to get wherever he was going. He cocked an eyebrow and Luke blushed.

     "My mother...she just went into labor." Luke said.

      "Oh." Mace said. "Well...I was wondering how you're going to get back to your own time? Since you are being born right now..." The Jedi trailed off, sharing a perplexed look with Master Yoda.

     Luke frowned. "I...I didn't think about that. I don't know how I'm getting back."

     Yoda smiled kindly. "Find a way, we will."

     "Thank you Master." Luke said with a shaky breath.

     The Jedi let him past and he sprinted back where he last saw Anakin and Obi-Wan turn a corner.

      He was going so fast that he ran face-first into a chest. Yelping, he stumbled backwards before two hands steadied him with a chuckle.

     He looked up to see Obi-Wan smiling down at him. "I looked back and you weren't behind me, so I waited. Anakin's already inside."

     Luke nodded, biting his lip. "Do you really think I should go in?"

     "What do you mean?" Obi-Wan asked.

     "Well...it is myself being born...won't that break the universe or something? A paradox, right?" Luke asked.

     Obi-Wan stroked his beard in thought. "I suppose...I've never really dealt with time travel before."

     Luke chuckled nervously. "Yeah, neither have I."

     "I don't think it should be too bad. Besides, Anakin will need all the support he can get." Obi-Wan said.

      Luke sighed, nodding in agreement. But when he turned to enter the room, Obi-Wan stopped him once more. "Yes?" Luke asked.

      Obi-Wan looked embarrassed with what he was about to say, but it came out anyways. "You called me Ben when we first met...so you must know me in the future. If I may ask...I don't look too old in 23 years, do I?"