Lunch Room Show Down

When I got out of third period, Elasha was standing by the door waiting for me. When she looked at me, her smile quickly turned into a frown.

"What's wrong?" she asked me, looking worried.”You look mad.”    I sighed. "I’m not mad; it's just that this girl decided to threaten me."

"What was the threat?" asked Elasha.

"Something about how E.J. will seek his revenge on me and it will be in public. I’m not mad about what the threat was, because I would like to see E.J. just try and get revenge on me. I swear I am not going to just stand by and let him do whatever he plans on doing."

"You sound so sure of yourself, and the fact that you will show him who the boss is. I am glad you have the strength to do it; it's about time someone kicks him off his high horse." We laughed. "So it looks like you have art next with Mr. Loper. That means that we finally have a class together!" I was glad that we had a class together, that way I don't have to be surrounded by complete strangers.
When we entered the class room, I studied it carefully. I knew as soon I as I stepped into the class room that this class was going to be different.

In other class the walls were white and looked newly painted. As for this class, it looked like someone had splattered all different kinds of paint on all the walls. There was no desk in the class room, but there were about six long tables, and on all of the tables laid artwork and pencils of all sizes and shades. The room looked like a tornado had just blown through it. I smiled, liking how this room reminded me of my old school, the way everything was spread out everywhere and kids walked in and out of the room freely.

"Hi, I’m Mr. Loper, but everyone calls me Henory." I looked to my side and saw a slim man, with big rimmed glass, and a bald head. "So you're the new student here," he stated.  "I heard you smart talked E.J.," Mr. Loper eyed me. “I think your right Elasha: she’s going to show him who’s boss. I can tell."

"I know, I have high hopes for this young Jedi," Elasha joked.

"Well, go get in your seat and teach her what we're doing this week and for the rest of the year, because I know you're the best at it," Mr. Loper said with a smile and walked off.

"Okay he is a little weird," I admitted when he was out of ear shot. Elasha lead me to the back of the class room and we took a seat in two empty chairs at an empty table. 

"Yeah he is, but he’s one of the coolest teachers here. You can tell him anything and trust that he will not gossip about it unless you give him permission too, which he would love." I laughed at her comment about him."I’m serious. The man does love to gossip, but if you tell him not to say a word, he won't. Also, he is gay and open about it. When he came open about it at the beginning of the year, almost all the parents tried to get him fired. So all the students went on strike by not coming to school and the board decided that they would let him stay so we would all go to school. It was fun, you should have been here." I smiled, it so sounds like something I would love to do. I was about to tell her just that when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I reached down and pulled it out, and saw it was text message from Karen.

Karen: I am in gym, all alone, no thanks to you! :'(

I sighed. Knowing her she was crying and Haley was there to tell her that me leaving was for the best. Karen was too dramatic sometimes, but I still loved her.