☾Chapter 17: Unforgiving☽

(Y/n) then flung herself in between the man's gun and Zero, as she realizes this man was Zero's sensei.

"You will not hurt Zero! I won't let you be near him!" (Y/n) huffed.

The man grunted, "Huh? Gal, why do you defend a vampire who has the potential to suck the living force out of you?"

(Y/n) replied in a defiant voice, "Because I care about him,"

Zero's sensei snorted, "Get out of the way, you are just making things harder between us,"

At that moment, Headmaster Cross intervened, "Toga Yagari! Stop!" The Headmaster hauled Zero out of the pool and placed his hand over Zero's head.

Zero's sensei, Toga, said in a gruff tone, "He is a Level E, for crying out loud Kaien,"

The Headmaster answered Toga in a serious threatening tone, "That does not mean for you to just cause trouble here in a peaceful territory between vampires and humans by harming a student,"

Toga just gave a troubled defeated sigh and bowed, "Apologies Kaien.... I shall go now...." With that he disappeared into the darkness of the night.

(Y/n) rushed over to Zero's side and whispered to the Headmaster, "Who is Mr. Yagari exactly?"

The Headmaster sighed, "Well, he is a man of dignity and duty. An elite vampire hunter if I do say so myself. He gets any job done. He is currently here at the academy as a teacher for the Night Class.."

(Y/n) then asked, "Oh, I was surprised that he was Zero's sensei... By the way, Zero won't be put into the Night Class, right?"

The Headmaster adjusts his glasses and frowned, "I have thought about it because of his 'transformation'. Although I have reached to a conclusion that the best thing to do is to let him stay in the Day Class, since he is still a part of the Disciplinary Committee.."

(Y/n) nodded slowly from what she has heard...

"Let's get Zero to the Infirmary as soon as possible," suggested (Y/n).

The Headmaster and (Y/n) carried Zero to the Infirmary.

Zero groggily groaned, "I'm fine..." as the Headmaster and (Y/n) brought him to the Infirmary to rest.

(Y/n) turned to the Headmaster and whispered, "Uh, the bracelet that you lended to Kaname to give to me. I still need a drop of Zero's blood to have it work..."

The Headmaster nodded, "Why of course. Zero? Would you mind having me take a small sample of your blood for (Y/n)?"

Zero muttered, "I guess,"

Headmaster Cross approached the laying silver haired vampire and pulled out a mini syringe from his coat. He carefully inserted the syringe into Zero's arm and withdrew some blood. Zero winced, but closed his eyes to rest.

The Headmaster then bandaged Zero up and inserted a drop of blood from the syringe to (Y/n)'s bracelet. The bracelet made a crackling sound and sparks flew out. (Y/n) gasped in surprise, "Oh my!" Now the bracelet can work on Zero.

"Leave me to rest," growled Zero as he shifted his body in bed. (Y/n) peeped, "Um, see you tomorrow then..." She left as soon as the Headmaster went to his office. (Y/n) walked to her dorm and prepared herself to sleep with a warm shower before brushing her teeth.

~

Next day, (Y/n) attended class to only find out Zero was not there.

"Where did that boy go?"