Chapter 5: Belated Goodbyes

The room was particular crowded, fourteen people stuffed in the same room in which Coulson's team watched Sienna get shot. FitzSimmons and Skye were sitting in front of the screen, craning their necks to up to see. The rest of everyone were packed like sardines, and personal space had been all but obliterated.

Fury had plugged in the drive to the nearest USB port, and Natasha was able to figure out the system to get the video to play. Everyone held their breath as the screen lit up, the first thing they saw was Sienna's face.

She looked as though to be in her room on the Helicarrier, and she seemed very well put together. Her long hair was down, her face only marked by distant scars that were years old. Her brown eyes were not on the verge on tears, instead looking completely clear and full of a distant light. She held herself with some grace, even through she was sitting in a chair. Her head was a little higher, her shoulders back. As if nothing in the world could touch her.

This was the Sienna they remembered. A women who walked as if everything should and would be in order under her watch. A girl who could kick ass while still baking cookies on the weekend. A friend and partner, not a bloody, beaten mess facing death in the eye.

The Sienna on the screen took in a breath, "Hello. The date is March 29, almost a year after The Battle of New York. This the third 'Goodbye' video I've ever made."

She bit her lip, her eyes darting around the room, as if she was thinking of what she had to say, "The reason I'm redoing this is because....my life and the people in it have changed significantly."

She laughs a bit, earning a smile from pretty much everyone in the room. Sienna keeps a grin on her face, "Apparently, I'm an Avenger now, and are on buddy basis with all of them, pretty much. You guys are actually watching this, or should be. So, hi."

"So if you are watching me, then I'm dead. I don't know whether it will be later today, or five to twenty years from now. Most likely I'll disappear on a mission and you'll find my body a few months later. Maybe I'm in a coma, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't die that cliché-ly. Perhaps I have cancer-Actually, I have no idea when I die. Nor the day or the hour."

She stopped awhile, clicking her tongue as she reached for something off camera. A paper flashed in front of them, and Sienna bent her head to read it, "I wrote some key notes down, but I'm doing mostly improv."

Her fingers traces along the paper, "Um, first up is Thor. Let's start of when we first met; you put me in the hospital for two months."

The majority of the room turns to the demigod, who mumbles something along the lines of, "And you hurt me to."

The Sienna on the screen continued, and she seemed to be suppressing a smile, "A dislocated knee, cracked rib, three broken fingers, a bruised larynx, a hurt ego, broken left arm, and a lot of paperwork. Not many people can do that to me. Kudos to you."

"But you saved me a couple times in New York from further injury, which I'd say makes up more then enough. I know we aren't the closest, but your a good teammate."

She fiddles with the paper more, biting her lip, "Bruce. I'm just gonna say it right now; your a good guy that got screwed over by a bad break."

Banner looks down a bit, hands in his pocket as Sienna's voice goes on.

"Your one of the better people out there. You're wicked smart, and just a generally good person. Now, believe it or not, The Other Guy has saved people, and will continue to save people. Just putting that out there. Maybe you'll find a cure one day or come to peace with the situation, but if you need a girl, I've got your back."