Chapter seventeen | We need to talk

Payne is such a jerk! But you'll see why just now :3 so have an open mind about him.

Alex's P.O.V

I'd be lying if I said that was unexpected.

Getting up from that wasn't a nice experience though. As I sat up from on the ground my world shook, everything spinning like if I were on a roller coaster.

I hadn't hit my head. I basically just had a bad fall.

I passed a hand over my face, then I put them over my eyes to hold the tears back. What was his deal with me calling his name? Am I not good enough? Or is it because he actually has a problem with hearing his own name?
But Payge gets to call him by his name! Well durr she's his sister.

My hair was spilled everywhere and fell miserably in my face.
When the tornado in my head eased I pulled my hair back and made an attempt to get off the hard tiles in the kitchen that was no where close to comfortable.

Standing was another task but it wasn't as bad as sitting up. I heard my spine crack as it straightened and for a second I got worried that I had broken it.

I took slow steps over to the counter and I noticed Payne was no longer in the room. Not surprised though.

Washing my face and fixing my pony tail I straightened my clothes and took a seat at the dining table. What the hell is wrong with Payne?

Everything.

These were warnings and the real message was about to come if I didn't start to act right.

The door to the kitchen opened and with the best timing ever Delia stepped through. She stopped as she entered the room staying still by the door then finally a grin spread across her lips. The new maid's outfit and her brown hair in a high pony tail with those hazel brown eyes, she looked too pretty to be a maid and that made me hate her even more.

"I feel sorry for you. Alpha doesn't do well with females that throw themselves at him especially one of your kind," She spat out but I didn't skip a beat in replying her. My anger was boiling inside of me. Who the hell did she think she was? For a moment my natural response was to ignore it but not anymore.

"You know what, I'm tired of people like you. You think you're better than me for some stupid reason but hear this bitch you're a maid just as I am except I have the privilege and curse to serve Alpha," I replied and she was about to reply when the door got flung open again but this time almost hitting Delia.

Payge walked through with her black hair damp and held messily in a bun. She wore a purple vest with green shorts and nothing on her feet. She looked perfect as she always did and even her feet were cute.
The maid instantly stiffened and even I got nervous, Payge and I spent an evening together but if she's anything like her brother she could be smiling one moment and deadly the other. The snarl on her face proved she was definitely not in the mood to play but I sent a silent prayer to the goddess above that she didn't direct it to me instead it went to Delia.

"Leave Now, maid." She barked out and Delia disappeared in the blink of an eye. Leaving me alone with an angry Payge. Feeling my heart begin to pound in my chest I sunk further back into the chair hoping it could hide me, anger for what the maid had said no longer lingering in my head as fear replaced it.

When Payge turned to me however the angry look wasn't there instead something like sympathy.

"I heard you two arguing, I sent the main to find out what's going on but I guess she's too late and has other things on her a gender " She explained then continued, "Are you okay?"