8 // Tattoo

*
To the person who said
'rooftops for night stars,
balconies for day clouds'
- fuck you.

Ok, maybe I made up that quote right now, but you get the point.

It's so much more freeing
to just get up in the morning
sit on the roof of your house
in that old ass shirt you slept in,
when your hair is having its own
mini party on your head,
and just be able to be
you
in the most natural state that
you
are.

That's all I have to say.
- Jo Lee Daniels, January 31st, 2015, 7:21am
*

I finish scribbling down my sudden mental rant into my notebook I've held on to me since I turned 13, from when I first comprehended that if there was nobody to talk to - write it down.

Don't even bother to go back and correct your grammar or punctuation or whatever,
just.
write.
it.
down.

I place it beside me onto a towel and yawn. A song plays from my phone without plugging the earphones in, and I made it just loud enough only for me to hear while I laid back.

Relax, Jo.

" If it hurts to breathe
Open the window
Oh, your mind wants to leave
But you can't go "

Relax.

|

I dreaded wasting Sunday nights before finishing last-minute homework, but what could you do. Always was a procrastinator, always will be.

I pull myself off from leaning against the window frame and go back to sitting on the floor to continue my homework that was chaotically sprawled across the low table.

After half an hour of typing out the most confusing and impossibly difficult to even make sense words for an essay, I proudly press 'enter'.

"Perfect", I look down at my desk, "Now I just have to e-mail Craig the draft for him to re-read... ugh."

I lay down on my back, mumbling curses into my hands.

Why are essays a thing?

Why?

Just why?

At the sound of a door opening outside of my room, I sit right back up.
Damon.

What if...

I pick up his footsteps leading to his room and before he could go, I call out, "Damon!"

"..."

"..."

"Yeah?"

"Can you come here for a minute?"

"Does it involve any physical acts of violence towards me?"

I laugh, "No, it doesn't. Unless you piss me off."

"Guess I'll take the chance then."

I rummage through the papers, searching for the one task sheet when I hear him walk in and close the door behind.