To the stars!

(A.N. There will be some mature content nearing the end of this chapter, so you know if you're old enough to read it, or want to either way, by all means— go right ahead. I tried to make that part as detailed yet clean as possible, meaning I didn't put any dirty talking or any of that stuff. It's a simple love scene. Putting that aside, I hope you like the chapter.)  

The wind was whipping through her long hair and his short dirty blond hair as they stood on the railing, gazing out at the sea. Her posture reminded her a bit of the night Brock had saved her from drowning after she'd thrown herself over the Golden Gate Bridge. Just like that night, she could smell the sea calling her to come down and taste the salt water, but, this time, she opted for admiring the scenery and not joining it.

The sun was setting... it was a beautiful sight.

The sight she didn't want to be the last she saw in her life. Not anymore. She didn't want it to end as she once had. No. She wanted it to go on because, at that moment, in Jack's arms, it just felt new, real and amazing. It felt like her life was just beginning, though it really was about to end in a matter of hours. Six, to be exact.

Avery closed her eyes and sighed. This would be the last time Titanic ever saw daylight, she thought sadly, embracing the red of the warmth the sun brought upon her eyelids. Sighing again, she tilted her head back until it rested on Jack's shoulder, causing him to look down at her.

She looked peaceful... though she probably wasn't.

How will I get back? Will I ever get back? I don't know because the possibility of this ship sinking is freakin' high! she had told him.

Jack knew it was selfish to want to keep her, to want her to stay when she was from a world different from his. Literally. He felt bad for how miserable she'd been and he felt guilty for only bringing her in deeper into a world she wasn't part of, but she was the first spark of genuine happiness he'd felt since the last time he'd spent with his parents. He always thought this kind of love would be impossible for him— who would want a lowlife like him? But here she was, a girl who grew up in practically the same way he did— alone and unwanted. A girl who worked her way to the first class and handled herself pretty well, considering she just got thrown overboard into a different era from the one she'd grown up in, into a family she didn't even know. A family she had to push her happiness aside for and please to no end.

Yet here she was now.

Rebelling against the morals she had set for herself to survive there. Rebelling against the wishes of the family she'd fallen into to finally have her happiness. Rebelling because he pushed her into doing so. He knew he should regret making her do so as he really had nothing else to offer her but his love, but he didn't regret it at all. Even less when she'd turn to look at him and smile brightly, all sadness and sorrow vanishing from those piercing blue-green eyes of hers as they gazed upon him; he knew then and there that there was nothing to regret as she was just as happy as he was in that moment he was sure she also wished would last forever.

After a very good long moment of gazing into each other's eyes, Jack smiled and pressed a tender kiss on her forehead before slowly stepping down from the rail and helping her down, with his hands still around her waist.

"Come on," she said, smiling back at him as she began to pull him down the deck. He grinned and quickly grabbed his sketchbook and drawing tools before following her.

"Mind if I ask where we're going?" he asked as she dragged him up to the first class entrance. "You seemed to have turn the tables. Usually I'm the one who's dragging you somewhere!"