Chapter 12: She's Gone

John's POV

I'm going to tell Claire that she is my mate today. After the kiss I stole from her, my wolf was restless and he still is. I don't think I could stay away from her even if I tried to, I know that my dad wanted me to wait in claiming her, but I can't hold back anymore the pull is way too strong, and I know that after that kiss Claire will start to feel it too. I just need her and the world to know that she is mine.

I walked down the stairs in a hurry, searching for my dad. I know that he needs to know about what's going on with Claire and me because once we do mate, my wolf will be completely restless unless he gets the submission he deserves by being the Alpha King.

Just as I reached my dad's office, my cell phone rang. I got it out of my back pocket and saw that it was Claire's mom calling me. I immediately got a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach and in my heart, but still, I answered the phone.

"John are you there?" Said Jezabelle in a worried voice

"Yes, it's me, what's going on," I answered

"Please tell me that Claire is with you, she isn't answering her phone and Emily can't either and I just feel like something bad happened to my baby girl."

"I brought her home last night, didn't she go inside?" I said, turning around and headed straight for the front door. I needed to get to her house.

"No I don't think so, I didn't hear the door open, but I just thought she was sorting out her thoughts before she came inside, considering all you put her through last night," Jezabelle said in a condescending tone.

"I did what I had to do," I growled into the phone, not liking her tone at all as he got into his car. "She's mine and she needed to know that."

"I understand, Alpha"

"Good, have you guys checked the forest behind your house?" I asked as I pulled into their driveway. Itching to find Claire.

"No, not yet, I wanted to call you first."

"Thank you for that." I got out of the car and headed into the forest, not knowing where to start, but hoping and praying that she was in here. "I'm in the forest right now, I'll call you back when I find something."

"Okay" whispered Jezabelle and then the phone cut off. I took off my clothes quickly, and I said one last prayer to the moon goddess "Please let her be okay, she's my heart." and with that, I shifted into my wolf.

As I got deeper into the forest, Claire's scent got stronger, but it was mixed with about three different ones. As I got closer to the center of the forest, I was able to identify the scents, as soon as I realized who they belonged to, I let out a terrifying growl, so loud the trees shook.

"Rouges. They were in our territory and they took our mate!! Someone must be punished!" My wolf growled inside of my head, and I was in total agreement.

I ran back to where I left my clothes, shifted, changed, and then I stormed out of the forest immediately calling Jezabelle. She answered on the second ring.

"Did you find her, was she there??!!" Asked a frantic Jezabelle

"No, a couple of rogues took her" I growled and I could hear Jezabelle let out a stifled sob. "It's time for you and your husband to tell me what they would want with my mate. I need both of you at my house in ten minutes." With that, I hung up the phone and called Noah.

"Hey John, what's up"

"I need you to meet me at my house with the guys who were on patrol duty last night." I quickly walked up to my car with the phone by my ear opened my car door and swiftly sat in the front seat.

"I'll get them there, but what's happened?"

"It's Claire, she's been taken by rogues... AND IT WAS ON THEIR WATCH!!" I growled out, then punched the steering wheel in anger.

"John, control your anger, don't let your wolf take over"

"Too late," I whispered harshly into the phone, hung up, started the car and then raced to my house.

"Someone will be punished for this" I vowed to myself. "I will not rest until I find her."

Author's note

Sorry for the late update, I'm gonna try and stay on top of my game but wow is it hard, sometimes i literally just stare at the blank page for like five minutes and then claim hunger and try again later, i think for me this was the hardest chapter to write because I was a little unsure of how John was going to react to all that happened, hmm I wonder if he'll save her or if she will save herself.

Please give me feedback, what do you want to see/read, and vote. I really love hearing what people think, anyway I'll try and update quicker. Hope you like it!
-cloecutie