Chapter Four

Emily

I woke up to sparks traveling down my arm. I turned around in the bed to see thtlat Evan was trying to wake me up. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, while he pointed to the door.

I sat up and followed his finger to see my mom standing in the doorway, looking furious.

'What on earth were you thinking, Emily? Your father and I we're worried sick about you. We had to wait until your sister called us to finally hear what happened," she signed angrily.

I sighed and laid back down beside Evan, who started rubbing in circular motions on my arm soothingly.

I looked to him, and he mouthed, "Are you OK?" I nodded, and sat back up, facing my mom.

'I'm sorry, you guys were so worried, but there really wasn't anything I could do about it. I was technically kidnapped.'

She glared at Evan, and started talking to him. I looked at him, and frowned. They were talking about where I was going to live.

I turned back to my mom, who started to sign to me.

'Come on, Em, we are going home,' she signed.

I tried getting up, but was stopped by Evan wrapping his arms around me. I turned around to look at his lips.

"She is staying here," is all I could make out.

I looked at the pattern of the bed. I couldn't stay. If I stayed, then I would have to be the pack's Luna. They definitely didn't want a deaf Luna.

I looked up to see that my dad had walked in, along with Sarah and Mark, and that they were having an argument over my living arrangements.

I struggled against Evan, who was not letting go, when I realized what I need to do.

"Can I have a moment alone with Evan?" I asked as well as I could without checking my lips.

Apparently, my message got across, because they all filed out, my mom going last.

I tried to get out of Evan's grip, but he still would not let go.

"Evan, I need you to let me go," I said.

I could feel the vibrations from his chest, signifying that he was talking, but I couldn't understand him.

"Evan, I can't-" I was stopped by a notebook being put in front of me.

Evan took the pen and started writing.

'If you let me mark you, we can communicate through mind link,' he wrote.

I froze. Mark me? My mom had a mark, it was basically just a bite mark, but she said that when Dad marked her it was the best day of her life. Other werewolves within a pack can mind link, but of course, I wasn't a werewolf.

I thought for a moment. Was I ready to be marked. I knew it meant that he had claimed me, but other than that I don't see the big deal.

"Okay, mark me then," I said, unsure if he understood me.

Apparently he did, because soon after I said it, I was pinned beneath him with his lips on mine.

His lips were hungry and demanding, and I loved every second of it. I couldn't help but kiss him back, and I felt my arms go around his neck, pulling him closer. I felt his tongue swipe across my bottom lip, and being unfamiliar with the action, I gasped.

He took that as an opportunity to push is tongue into my mouth, exploring every inch of it.

I pulled back for air, but he didn't stop. He started to kiss down my jaw and to my neck. When he hit my soft spot, I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips.

I felt something sharp sting my neck, but what little pain there was, was soon replaced with a huge amount of pleasure. I groaned, and he pulled away, slightly. I felt something drip down my neck, but Evan's tongue lapped at my neck, cleaning the wound.

My eyes started to droop, and I fell asleep once again in the arms of my mate.