Chapter 8

"Come on, I'll walk you back to your room. You've got about twenty minutes until history," Ben told me as we got off his bed after eating the lovely lunch he got for us.

"Thank you Ben," I responded hugging him and I barely reached his chest when I hug him. I realize that I'm super short when standing next to Ben who's a gentle giant.

"No problem, you know I opened up to you and I'm glad you feel comfortable opening up to me. We should do this more often, you know now that I know you're not a siren. That'd would have been awkward if you were," he joked and I just shook my head.

"Oh shut up, you're such a dork," I told him giving him a slight push as we made it back to my room.

"I'll let you go. Get out of those damp clothes, can I expect to see you at the game after school?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Of course, I can't miss Benny Boo out there, now can I?" I teased as he just sighed.

"Okay, see you later Maria," he stated and I saw that one coming.

He left me to myself as I decided to change out of my clothes since they were not drying in a comfortable manner. I walked in my room and saw Delta sitting on the top of the dresser trying to reach down to open the drawer. At least she's taken a different route of getting the necklace. "Sorry Delta, I need to return this to it's rightful owner," I sighed because it was a beautiful necklace but I knew I couldn't keep it.

I took the necklace out of the drawer and putting it out on the table. I'd take it to the lost and found later on and hopefully the owner would reclaim it. I can't believe I let Jay let me think that stealing was okay. I don't even have the stupid love potion to blame for that. Taking the necklace was own doing even though I knew it was wrong. I have been being a bit more evil than I'd like to be lately.However, the difference between a villain and a hero is what you do in the end. I decided to give it back making up for my wrong doing. I knew I was being a good person for it and that made me feel good.

This has probably been the longest day of my life and I honestly just want to have a good cry and go to bed. I still had two classes to go to and I really didn't feel like going to either of them. Jay managed to ruin art, I hope he's happy.

After I was changed, I decided to head to my locker and get my stuff. I saw my artwork of Jay in there, the one that I was working on last night, and I completely lost it. I tore it out the sketchbook and ripped it in half and then in half again. I did this in a rage until it was impossible to put back together. I threw the papers on the floor as Ben came rushing over to me. The bell had rung and everyone was making their way to their next classes.

"Hey, don't hate the artwork. I know you're mad but seriously don't rip up something you can't get back," Ben stated as I had the one of Carlos in my hand ready to rip. Ben was right, it was too late for dear old smoldering Jay but I still could save this Carlos drawing which was adorable. "Put it back and go to class, you'll thank me later," he told me as he took it out of my hands and placed it back in my locker closing the door.

"Fine," I mumbled adjusting my bookbag and heading to history, who I had with Carlos, lucky me.

Ben went off in the other direction as I entered the classroom sitting in the back. Carlos walked in taking his seat in the front. Thank you. He actually didn't make eye contact with me and we just pretended like neither of us were in the room. Now if only the same could happen with Jay in art, I highly doubt it.

We continued with the talk of the war between the kingdoms and I did doze off, luckily our teacher did not notice. I awoke to someone tapping on my shoulder and when I looked, of course it was Carlos, who else would it be.