Chapter 55: Remembering Sunday (Epilogue)

(LOUIS' POV)

"Congratulations Will!" I said as my eighteen-year-old son approached me in his cap and gown, holding his diploma in his right hand.

"Thanks dad." he smiled and I hugged him. His high school graduation ceremony had just ended and everyone was running around, excited. We managed to get away from the crowd and found ourselves standing out on a wooden bridge in front of the ocean shore.

"I wish Mum was here." he finally spoke.

"I do too. She was looking forward to it." I spoke softly, playing with the sleeve of my jacket.

When I asked Ashley to marry me in Paris, she said no. Something was telling her that she wasn't going to make it and there was no point in getting married. But I wouldn't let her believe that. So one year later, I asked again, and she finally said yes. I remember the wedding perfectly. We held it on a warm sunny day on the beach in Coronado, California. Both sides of the family attended, except for Ashley's father who was on an important mission, and a few of our friends came of course; equaling out to be about fifty people. The ceremony begun and all four boys walked down the center of the isle with Ashley's bridesmaids on a small path between the sand on the beach. Next came my sisters as the flower girls, looking as cute as ever. But then she came. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I felt my knees buckle and I had to put a hand on Harry for support. She looked stunning, breathtaking, and absolutely beautiful. I didn't dare look into her deep blue eyes in fear of crying. Looking back on it now I wish I had. We spoke our vows in whispers so they were kept secret from everyone else. Her words have stuck in my head since and I smile every time I picture her whispering them in my ear, smiling and giggling. Then we exchanged rings and I kissed her. No moment had ever been so perfect.

Everything was great after that, especially when we found out she was pregnant with William. It was scary, bringing a newborn baby home, but we managed and surprisingly, we were great parents. The band? Well, all things end. About seven years after Will was born our record label dropped us because we weren't making enough money, but we are all still best friends. In fact, we get together almost every weekend. It was great. And Ashley was doing so well.

Then we got bittersweet news: Ashley was pregnant with Victoria, our now ten-year-old daughter, but she was also back to chemotherapy treatments once Victoria was born. Those continued for the next ten years, up until four months ago. But then again, everything stopped four months ago, including me. The day we lost her, I couldn't bare to go home. I went through hell trying to tell Victoria and Will that they would never see their mother again, none of us would.

Things were slowly beginning to get better. I try and bring up Ashley a lot in conversations, just so she knows that I am thinking of her, because I am. Some days are worse than others, but I always go to bed knowing that she's here and now it's her turn to look after me.

"Dad?" Will asked, "When will we go home? Everyone will be waiting." Oh right, they, meaning the band and their families, were throwing a big party for Will at our flat. I told him we'd be leaving soon and he ran off to quickly say goodbye to his friends. Will was very intelligent and athletic, like his mum. He took after her and played football in high school, but chose a career path of medicine. Actually, he plans to work on trying to find a cure to certain types of cancer.

We got in the car and drove about twenty minutes. Since getting married, Ashley and I moved into our on flat on the outskirts of London. It was perfect for us because it was quiet and calm. The house wasn't huge, but it wasn't small. The kids' friends always thought it was amazing, but it was nothing compared to what we could have gotten. She preferred to send the money to people who actually needed it. So that's what we did every year on Christmas. We pulled into the driveway and got out. Since it was a nice day, everyone was gathered in the backyard. We made our way around and saw that there were about fifteen people there. Niall and Marlee, of course. They had been married for about twelve years and had a little girl named Natalie. They were the ones that were there for us the most when we lost Ashley. Marlee and her were close and Natalie loved her too. Of course Niall helped me a lot, trying to get my mind off of things. It worked occasionally. Then there was Liam, Danielle, and their son Connor. Liam proposed about three months after me. Connor was actually born on the same day as Victoria, but he was two years older. They had moved to Manchester a few years ago because they liked the area. We didn't get to see them much, but it was always nice to have them around when it was possible. Zayn and Perrie were there too. They had yet to be married, but were engaged. The wedding was set for next month. It was too bad that Ashley wouldn't get to go, she was looking forward to it. Harry and his new girlfriend of five months, Bella, had come too. I didn't know Bella that well, but Harry really liked her and she was always very sweet, especially when we lost Ashley. I know Ashley would have liked her if she had gotten a chance to know her and I really think Harry has found a good girl for him, finally. My mum and Anne were there too, like they normally were. Loosing Ashley was hard on Anne, but Mr. Styles came home for a few weeks and managed to get her back on her feet before he left for the navy again. He didn't seem to show much pain, but he was a strong man so I didn't expect much. He did however show compassion to me and the kids, which was definitely nice since they never got to see their grandfather.