3

"Okay, I have to admit." Alice said. "My dad gets so weird every time you come over."

We were in the living room watching a movie and she randomly confessed about her dad.

"I'm always over here." I laughed, trying to lighten the serious mood.

"Joanna." She whined. "I'm serious. I think you make him nervous because you're all badass and I'm goody two shoes."

I sighed. "Oh yeah. That's the problem."

"What?"

"Nothing. Go make us some popcorn or something."

She jumped up from the couch. "On it." And she left.

I continued to watch the movie but I was sadly interrupted by Mr. Styles. I didn't even notice he was standing in the doorway until I turned to check if Alice was on her way back in here.

"Shit." I gasped. "Mr. Styles, you scared me."

He gave me a quick smile. "I'm sorry, love. Please call me Harry."

"Harry." I said awkwardly, trying out the new name. "Aren't you going to give me a lecture about my profanity?"

He looked down and smiled at the floor. "No, uh, there's no way I could stop you from being you."

And then this weird thing happened. I felt my cheeks go hot. Was I blushing? Oh my god I was blushing.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him.

He nodded. "You said you were mesmerized by me earlier. What did you-?"

"I said that?" He ran his fingers through his hair. "Wrong choice of words, I guess. I'm sorry, I'm so embarrassed." He chuckled.

I shook my head. "Right. Okay. Mr. Styles."
I bit my lip. "Harry." I corrected myself.

"I'm picking you girls up after school tomorrow."

"Why?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I'm leaving work early. Just figured it would be better than walking."

"Aw. How nice of you dad." Alice said, walking into the living room with a bowl of popcorn.

"Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not." Harry joked.

Alice sat the popcorn on the table. "Sodas!" She exclaimed. "I forgot sodas. I'll be back."

She quickly left the living room again, leaving me alone with Harry once again.

"Well." He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Good night, Joanna." And he left. 

I felt my stomach flutter. No guy has ever done that. But a man did. He's starting to make me feel like I'm on cloud 9.

A part of me wanted to kiss him. But I couldn't do that. It wouldn't be legal and he's my best friends father.