Chapter 22

Liam's P.O.V.

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her chest heaved up and down in short breaths, pants more like. It's like her body was slowly dissolving right before my eyes.

"Nicole, please don't leave me," I sobbed.

There was nothing around us, her blood pooling around her limp body. Was she dead? No she wasn't. I would know, but she was close to it.

"Somebody help!" I screamed, suddenly everyone's faces coming into view.

Girls were screaming, boys tackling Peter and I was sat there on the floor with my mates blood all over me.

Don't leave me Nicole..I love you!

**

I woke up, gasping for breath as sweat covered my bare chest.

Just a dream...just a dream...

I looked over at Nicole, running my hands along her creamy, delectable skin. Her bare chest heaved up and down as she breaths lightly.

My eyes caught the scar right between her breasts where a bullet had come close to hitting her heart. Running my finger along it, I felt her shiver under my touch, sparks shooting through me.

I loved this feeling...everything about her made my life amazing.

"I love you babe," I whispered softly, kissing her forehead and brushing a ringlet from her face.

Damn she was beautiful. Her naked body, her emerald eyes, her curls. She was perfect in every way.

Sighing to myself, I knew that I needed to go downstairs and meet Alpha Daniel. If I didn't, I knew he would harm Nicky, and I didn't feel like having to kill my Alpha whom everyone thought was amazing. And it got worse.

Alpha Daniel was my brother. And I had to make him and my parents proud of me, or I would 'ruin our name.' Yeah right. Like being an Axel was something to be proud of.

But what I wanted to know, was how could no one see how my brother was not a good alpha. He lies, cheats and uses women. He even threatens me about Nicole if I don't do something for him.

'Liam, there's been an emergency. We need you and all of the warriors to come to the meeting room. Trespassers have invaded our territory.' I heard Travis say.

Travis was Daniel's right hand man. His best warrior. And also a good friend of mine. He didn't take Daniel's crap though, which everyone else did.

'On my way now.'

I quickly got out of the bed, kissing Nicole lightly on the cheek and threw on my sweatpants.

I glanced at my love one more time and then quickly exited her room, a feeling of emptiness filling my chest. I pushed it aside, and quickly made my way to the meeting room.

As I entered, I saw my brother along with all of the pack warriors.

"What's wrong," I asked, desperate to get back to Nicky.

"Those same creatures are back. The new vampire breeds that are man made, they have trespassed yet again. We have to eliminate them. There's something that there after, but we don't have a clue what it could be," Daniel said in his alpha voice. Which was pathetic, might I add.

"Like those things that Peter turned into?" I questioned.

"Exactly what it is. They smell rotten, and they hiss like animals. It's almost as if their human side was replaced with an actual animalistic being. They are grotesque but they keep killing off rogue wolves, and harassing other packs," Travis cut in.