IX : That Fool

"Lee Jinhee!" Jungkook waved at me as soon as I got down the bus.

"Hi, am I late?" I approached him.

"No, it's just that the both of us are early" he smiled.

"By the way" he paused "you look pretty today."

I was too surprised at his comment to answer. My heart was beating uncontrollably fast.

"Uh, I mean, not that you don't look pretty on other days. It's just that you look even prettier today." Jungkook said as he messed his hair.

DAMNIT JEON JUNGKOOK, STAHP.

I let out a small laugh, "Thanks?"

"Sure," he smiled "Let's go. The Italian restaurant is just around the corner."

I tried telling myself to stop freaking out all the time and walked by his side.

He was wearing a red and black striped sweater and a black varsity jacket with white numbers on the back on top of it. As for the pants, he was wearing plain black jeans. So he did really like black, white, and red, huh?

As we were walking, I took notice that he was wearing the same Timberland boots like the ones Jimin own.

"Is there something wrong with my shoes?" He asked me, smiling as he did. Oh crap, without even realizing I had been staring at his shoes for quite a long time.

"Nothing, it's just that Jimin have the same pair of shoes as what you're wearing." I smiled back.

"Ahh, Jimin. He kept on telling me that my shoes looked cool when I got it. Seems like he finally got his own, huh?" he chuckled.

"That fool," I got reminded of him and shook my head, letting out a little laugh.

"By the way, our clothes for today seems to match?" he said as we crossed the red light with a bunch of other pedestrians.

"Yeah, I actually got some help" I answered.

"From who?" Jungkook looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"The fellow we were just talking about."

"Park Jimin? Whoa, I gotta admit he got some sense of fashion" Jungkook replied.

"Female fashion," I added. The both of us laughed as we talked about Jimin.

"We're here," he told me as he opened the door to the restaurant for me.

The moment we stepped in, we were welcomed by the good smell of herbs and spices. The atmosphere was cozy yet classy. The theme of the restaurant is woody and vintage, with dark teak wood planks as the flooring, and white carved wooden chairs and tables. Above every table, there hung a mini chandelier which shined out dim yellow lights. Soft jazz music could be softly heard from the speakers, making the atmosphere feel even more fancy.

We chose a table near the window. Jungkook pulled the chair for me before going around the table and sat across me.

What a gentleman he is.

After staring at the menu book for some time deciding what we would like to eat, we ordered our food. Mine being Aglio Olio and Jungkook's being Lasagna.

Waiting for our orders to come, it started raining outside. I looked at the raindrops that flowed down the glass of the window. The rain wasn't harsh, but it gave a painful feeling. I suddenly got shivers down my spine, but it wasn't even cold inside. I tried shrugging of this weird feeling I got by talking to Jungkook.

We talked about a lot of things. He told me that he came from Busan and that his family still lives there. He went to Seoul to pursue his dreams in music. He also told me that satoori* sometimes still slipped out his tongue, and he is in the process of trying to fix it. That's why he often preferred to stay quiet. I told him I thought it was cute and it made him giggled shyly.