Chapter 20 : Mr. Voiceless

IMPORTANT: Wattpad didn't send the notification last Monday that I updated, so, if you haven't read chapter 19, go read it now!

I've been sick these days so I'm sorry for the shitty chapter :( It would still mean a lot if you voted and commented your thoughts!

And I'm dedicating this part to @jupss_ because her comments on my chapters always make me smile. You rock!

After Aaron went away, Braden insisted on waiting for me while I get ready for work. I didn't contradict because I know he needs to calm himself down before doing anything stupid. Aaron's comment is still tormenting me because I don't know what he meant. And Brooke still hasn't shown up from her room. I made a mental note to text her later.

When I'm done and ready to go, I see Braden pacing back and forward in the living room, his hair dishevelled and his dress jacket opened. He looks restless.

''Braden,'' I call to him and he immediately stops.

He gives me a mischievous smile as he checks me up and down. ''I'm a really lucky man,'' he states, staring at my face, his eyes darting down to my chest.

I flush. ''Are you going to stay at the bar tonight?'' I ask him. I suddenly get a strong wish that he does stay, so I have the whole night to stare at him. To hell with work!

''Yeah, I'll be in my office for some hours. I'm working on something.'' He smirks at me playfully. ''Why? Thinking about visiting me?'' His tone gets lower and his eyes get darker.

I flush an even brighter shade of red. ''No,'' I murmur. ''I was just asking.''

His chuckle rings behind me as I grab a coat and go out, telling my heart to calm down before it bursts out of my chest.

***

Aaron is late for work tonight, and when he comes, he looks worse than before. He's not his usual himself and he's trying too hard with his smile and politeness.

''Aaron, what's going on with you?'' I ask him when I can't stop looking at his pathetic self. It's really crowded tonight – most Saturdays are, so we don't have much time to talk. But hell, if I won't take two minutes to find out what's going on with my friend.

Aaron just shrugs and sulkily serves some drinks. I stare at him until some men start screaming for me to take their order. I go to them so they'll stop.

''Hey gorgeous!'' one of them shouts at me. I just smile at him, not even giving him a second glance, in fact, not even looking at him fully.

''Wanna grab a drink with me later?'' another one asks and others whistle at him, urging him on. God, how I hate when things like this happen.

I just shake my head. ''You boys, tell me what you want to drink,'' I say, showing them I'm not interested.

One of them whines. ''Oh, come on. You're no fun!''

I barely stop myself from rolling my eyes. This happens frequently, mostly on the weekends, so I'm kind of used to men like them. They make me want to puke. Literally.

''Order and make a place for others. Those are the rules.''

''Babe, come on, show us some fun!''

I'll show you some fun when I'll wrap my hands around your neck, you pig! I raise my eyebrows at them. ''You have a minute to order or I'm getting you thrown out.''

''What a fucking bitch,'' someone says, but they still oblige and place their orders.

''She has a great ass, though!'' someone says when I turn around to prepare the drink. I ignore the comment with a roll of my eyes. Disgusting.