2. The TigerSharks Pt. 1

My goal is to make my first impressions somewhat good and to exceed their expectations of me. I'm actually starting to feel excited for the switch. I mean new friends, new memories, and a new start, what can possibly go wrong? Is where I wish my head was at right now.

Everything about this switch will be terrible and disappointing! At the end of day, I will probably go to my local gun store, and steal an ak47 to kill myself with.

Poor choice of weapon, but it was the first thing that came up in my mind.

Poor choice of everything in general. As you can tell I'm somewhat pessimistic not because I think I'm better than people but because I've felt the weight of being devalued to the point of realizing that life picks and chooses who is and isn't their best friend.

I'm not saying that to gain sympathy either, I'm just saying that solely because it's felt like that all my life.

"Next in line please?" The woman declared, raising her hand as she gestured for the next girl to come.

I'm guessing these people are getting switched too. It made me feel somewhat better because you can see the sadness on their faces, knowing that's how I literally feel right now.

Out of nowhere, my surroundings were quickly taken over by sounds caused by a bunch of girls that started screaming like they just saw a famous boy band. What fresh hell is this?

"ARE THOSE THE TIGER SHARKS!"
"OMG!"
"LOGAN YOU'RE SO HOT!"
"LEVI I LOVE YOU!"
"I WANT YOU!"
"SWIM INSIDE ME!"
"NOTICE ME SENPAI!"

A bunch of guys were getting ready to enter the gymnasium. Some of them were waving back at the girls who were going insanely crazy for them. Ew, they don't deserve this.

There was atleast 10 of them In total. I'm guessing they were the all-boys swim team everyone at school has been talking about, And I can kinda see why.

I only had the chance look at some of them, my eyes squinting at their incredibly muscular arms being defined out of their tank tops.

"Miss! Miss! You're next in line!" A girl yelled out from the back, catching me off guard. I was so mesmerized from the sight of those boys that I haven't even paid any attention for the line.

All of a sudden, I hear distant voices appear behind me. "Of course she would check those guys out, her morals are as bad as her fashion sense!" I tilted my neck in disbelief.

Hearing those voices behind me made me think of every horrible outcome that can possibly happen to this switch.

I mean, what if I get switched to a team that has girls like the ones behind me? Swimming is the only thing that has saved me from this hell hole and if life's masochistic ways throws me into another toxic environment I might actually end up-

"Hello!?" The woman in front of me exclaimed, rapidly snapping me out of my thoughts.

"S-sorry!" I apologized, quickly picking up my large pink duffle bag to run off to the booth as fast as possible.

"What's your name?" The woman queried with a very sweet tone in her voice that complimented the warm smile on her face.

"Arielle Tesfaye" I answered politely, passing her my ID.

"And you were in The Butterflies?" She slowly brought her glasses closer to her eyes, reading my ID intently. "What kinda name is that for a team?" She snorted, making my eyebrows furrow down.