Chapter#26

Moosa's POV:

I waited all night for Yawar's call in case if he needed some instructions or something went wrong but thanks to Allah I only received one call at Fajr time to inform me that the operation was done successfully with no casualties.

After taking its details, I went to the other room prayed Fajr. I feel very light-hearted after every successful operation, knowing that more lives are saved from being ruined. I slowly open the door so Noor won't wake up. It was almost her time to get up for prayer but I don't want her to know that I am already awake or else she will spend the time pacing around in the room, she always seems hesitant to leave the room on her own,  I know she will wait for my sleep so she could pray. 

She has strange habits. She didn't speak to anyone in front of me, she won't pray, comb her hair, take off her dupatta, and always eats less than usual in my presence. It's unfathomable why she was making everything so difficult for herself.

Throwing my shirt on the bed's corner, I carefully lay down beside her. Not very long after, I feel her stirring.

She is up..!

I waited for her to pulled her dupatta which I consciously put beneath my head but instead, I felt a warm breath on my bare shoulder.

'Not good.' I heard a mumble.

What???

She was close.... so close to me. She never came close to me on her own, so I refrained from opening my eyes. The warmth of her body remained for a few seconds before it leaves.

No...! Not now.

I quickly opened my eyes, missing her presence near me. Before she could get off of the bed, I pulled her back to the bed, hovering over her.

She was so startled that she froze. I pushed strands of her long hair from her face and trace my hand down on her face. Her eyes were fixed on mine with a little fear and confused look in them.

She is beautiful...

"What were you mumbling about?"

"Huh?"

"Just now... What is 'still no good'?"

"Your wound." She hesitantly answered me.

I don't know what surprised me more, that she cared about me or she answered obediently.

"Are you worried about me?" I asked in disbelief.

Seems my question took her off guard, she breathed out 'no' and starts struggling to push me.

She can't even lie...

I smiled at her naivety and pinned both of her hands down with one hand. I didn't like her struggles but she looked so adorably cute when she is annoyed. I slowly leaned to her and she quickly turned her face away.

And I thought I could give her some personal space...

"Look at me, Noor."

"Noor!" I called out her name, putting a little pressure on her wrists. She turned her face to me with anger in her eyes. I love her big brown eyes and hate it when she ruined them by crying.

"Why, Noor...? Why can't you understand that I love you?" I whispered.

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

"Why can't you see that it hurts when you cry?" He asked, but it feels like those questions are meant to remain unanswered.

"Why can't you accept me and forget everything else?" His hand left my wrists and slid down to my shoulder.

"I wanted to claim you from the day I laid my eyes on you. I would love to do it, right here, right now but...why are you making me hold myself back? When I know you're mine, in every way... Why can't you just surrender yourself to me?" His fingers stroke back and forth from my face to neck with so many emotions in his eyes. His touch was making me breathless and I didn't know how to steady them.

"I promised myself not to force you... but I really want to break that promise. Just for once." The distance between our faces lessened. "Am I allowed to break my own rules, Noor...? Will you forgive me if I do?" His eyes, his voice, his words, his touch seeks my permission. I should be saying 'No' but I find my tongue forgot how to pronounce it.

Taking advantage of my silence, he buried his head in my neck, placing a feathery kiss on my earlobe. His stubble tickles the side of my face, making me squirm. I felt one of his hands travelled to my lower waist, slightly caressing my body, as his lips start to make their way to my shoulder.

No, no, no...!

"NAMAZ! (Salat/pray)" I almost scream and he backed away instantly as he'd snapped out of a daze.

"Go, you're running out of time." He said, looking at the clock. But before I could move, he jumped out of the bed and left the room.

Without wasting a second, I also dashed into the bathroom and stood there for several minutes, holding the washbasin, trying to catch my breath. His voice kept echoing in my mind.

I was afraid, not from the criminal Moosa Khan, but from the person whom I was with just now. I was afraid of his affection, his love, his madness, his lust. I was afraid of the person who happens to be my husband.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

What the hell...

Frustrated on don't know what, I threw the first thing that I caught in my hand. I slumped down on the sofa and closed my eyes. I need to calm down. I need to be calm before facing her again. I don't have the confidence that I could refrain myself.

"Noor..." I murmured and lean back in a comfortable position. Not much time passed when I heard her voice.

"Your phone was ringing and I was praying so it took me time to bring." I opened my eyes and saw her standing near the sofa, stretching her hand out holding my phone.

Great! She has to come now...

"Thanks." I took my phone from her.

I opened the call history and call back Sarmad.

"Assalam o Allaikum Moosa."

"Wallaikum Assalam. You called?"

"Yes. Moosa, can you cancel today's dinner? I just got some information and it is not good."

"What sort of information?"

"It can't be discussed on the phone. I'll send it to you by one of our men. But I insist that you cancel the dinner."

"I cannot. I was already out of the scene for too long. Cancelling it without a proper reason will only raise questions."

"As you see fit, Moosa. Just don't lose sight of Bhabi during the dinner."

"Hmm! Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz, Moosa."

I put my phone on the side and got up.

'Just don't lose sight of Bhabi during the dinner.'

So she is on their target...

_______________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

*A very short chapter, I know. Sorry about that.
*Apologies for my bad English.
*Wow! This story reached 12K readers and 1K votes. Thank you, soo much readers. :D
*Oh, and please don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand anything about Pakistani culture. But if you don't understand my grammar kindly try to make sense on your own :p
*Back to the story!
What are your thoughts about Moosa and Mahnoor's relationship and about Mahnoor being the target?

Remember to vote and comment!

Take the Care :)