Chapter 27

The amazing cover was made by @Nutellamarshmellows ❤️ thank you!!

Jayda's POV

"He's doing what again?" I ask then add "You know what? I don't care. I am over it. If he thinks he can treat me like that and I'm going to be okay he is severely mistaken" I snap.

Nikki frowns "But he-" I cut her off.

"No! I don't care. Now tell me how you are feeling and if you keep trying to bring Maddox up I'll just go to Ellie's house or something" I growl out, wobbling towards Nicole's couch and slowly sit down on it, my stomach has been killing me today. They won't stop moving and kicking.

"I am just a little shaken up. A lot of memories coming back you know? Its all a big nightmare" Nikki sighs.

"Awww Nikki, I know whatever I say won't make you feel better but I am here for you and if this sorry excuse of a killer dares to lay a finger on you I will make him regret his existence" I say with an encouraging smile.

Nicole looks at me for about 2 full minutes then laughs "I can't imagine you doing that"

"I am completely serious, oh and where is Luke?" I ask, noticing his lack of presence.

"He is the lead warrior so he had to be outside. He might be at the cellar or at your house figuring this out with your mate or the other pack warriors" Nikki shrugs.

I scowl "Maddox took Marco to the cellars."

"Wait he did?" Nikki asks, straightening up.

"Yeah, i think he thinks its Marco's fault since he joined the pack not too long ago" I say.

Nicole thinks about it for a second then says "Y'know, it kind of makes sense that its Marco. I mean we hadn't had any problems until he joined"

I shake my head "Marco has been in the pack for a few months already"

"Maybe he was waiting for the right time." Nikki suggest.

"No, I refuse to believe that from Marco. He has been nothing but a good friend to all of us" I snap but in the inside I agree with her.  All those mysterious calls, stories that didn't add up.

It all makes the fact that its possibly Marco even more real. And even though I try to find an answer all my mind comes up with is that Marco is guilty.

I shake my head he wouldn't do that, but the longer I think about it the more I realize is that I don't really know much about Marco. We've only know each other for a few months, I don't know how he was before he joined the pack. I know nothing about him other than what he wants me to know.

Maddox's POV

I storm away from Jayda. She kept being a pain in the ass and I left before I said something I would regret. 

Why couldn't she just stayed in the house like I told her to? She put herself and our pups at risk.

When I first heard the scream I didn't think it would be that someone had killed 6 people from my pack.

Never in a million years did I think I would fail at saving the ones I care about again.

I thought that after years of hard work and training I would be able to keep history from repeating itself, to not have what happened to Nicole happen to anyone else.

After failing my parents and Nicole I thought I had learned my lesson, that I would be able to live a happy and calm life without messing up the one job my dad left me.

To protect the pack.

And I couldn't even do that simple task.

Now I may have been a little mean to Jayda but the self hate and the thirst to kill whoever messed with my pack is much stronger than the urge to apologize so I'll leave that for later...way later.