Chapter 9

Everyone else was making their way to game, so I decided to as well. I mean I honestly had nothing better to do. I made my way over to the field and the teams were warming up before the big game. I was able to pick out Carlos since he was the shortest on the team and his number was 101. I'm pretty sure the coaches did that on purpose.

"Good luck Carlos," I shouted out to him as he looked around to find the voice looking like a lost puppy, until he saw me and smiled. I saw Jay and we just exchanged disgusted looks with each other as he was walking over to Carlos.

"Ria!" I heard a feminine voice call from the crowd and I was able to tell that it was Evie. I looked up to see her waving her arms and once she saw that I made eye contact with her, she motioned me to come up with her. With that, I made my way through the crowd of people nearly tripping trying to come up the steps sitting down next to Mal.

"So you really like Ben, huh? With the love potion and everything," I remarked as Mal took notice that I was actually talking to her.

"What? Yeah, I guess you could say that. Do you think I'm horrible for doing this?" She asked me and it felt like she was pretending to be regretful but I could just be imagining things.

"No, as a matter of fact, he already liked you and he knew about the cookie. You see he doesn't like Audrey all that much. I mean can we really blame him, she's a total stuck up brat. It's not even because you guys are said, villains, she's bossy and rude around everyone. Ben's such a sweetheart that he doesn't know how to break up with her so you just opened a magic door for him to do so. You literally helped him out with the love potion," I told her and she looked confused.

"He liked me, why?" She asked completely shocked as the teams were getting ready to start the game.

"You're pretty, why else do guys want to date magnificent creatures like us?" I joked flipping my hair behind me and I got a small laugh out of Mal. "No but seriously, you're captivating I don't see why he wouldn't like you," I stated and she just laughed loudly at that.

"Please, as if," she said and I'm guessing none the kids got much love, even platonic back on the island.

"I think you need some confidence from Evie, don't you think so? Evie, you, and I are all princess that can do anything they put their hearts to. We're beautiful, smart, and strong. We definitely don't need a prince to define us, although for you Mal, having a sweetie like Ben is just a perk you get to have," I told her poking her side.

"Fine, I guess you're right," she mumbled as the game started and everyone stood up cheering. I didn't understand why Mal didn't think she was beautiful enough for Ben to like her. I mean, I know I was gifted with looks since a young age but I certainly don't go flaunting it around. It's just a confidence booster for me. Mal needs that.

What I was saying about not needing a prince, still stands true to me. I don't need someone to make me happy, I just want someone to love and to hold who I really care about, someone that adds to the happiness in my life already. I honestly think Carlos was that person. He just made me so happy, that was until his major mistake. That mistake is probably going to bother me for at least a month, over time I'll be able to forgive both of them, well maybe not Jay as quickly. I just want to move on with my life and keep moving forward, can you blame me?

The game started and it was actually really fun to watch. Seeing Ben leading the team as Carlos was being an absolute dork out on the field was a sight to see. I personally, am not one that enjoys watching sports but I'd make an exception for our tourney team. Jay was also killing it out on the field even though I don't like to admit it. He was actually playing as a teammate, that was something different I saw in him since I've met him. Can he really change all together and be a better person? I highly doubt it but we'll just have to wait and see.