55 - shocks and jams

TESS'S POV

.

As soon as we were directed out of the elevator, the floor was slightly levelled up, but I could manage to climb through.

As I was in the middle of climbing up, I glance up to find Calum holding out a hand for me to take.

I would have moved away from his touch, but I wanted to be mature about the situation, I don't know, I guess be the bigger person.

I clasp his hand as I'm pulled out.

''Thanks." I mumbled.

"No problem." He shook his head. "No problem at all.''

I could still feel his eyes on me as I let out a sigh and walk past him to go stand next to Cara who was waiting for the rest of the girls to get out as well.

"Are you okay?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I.. I feel guilty." She admitted, her blue eyes showing concern to Luke who was just getting out of the elevator. "I.. He didn't deserve that, no matter how much he broke my heart by leaving."

I set a hand on her arm, moving her away from the group of people as well as some people from the fire department helping everyone else out.

"It's not hard to see that Luke still has feelings for you."

She groaned. "But.."

"You've got yourself in a sticky situation Cara, it's normal for everyone to run into one of those sometimes. You'll pull through alright?"

She nods. "Thanks Tess."

Smiling in response, she squeezes me into a bone crushing hug. "I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't my friend."

"Same." I smile into her shoulder.

.

As soon as everyone was out, the boys had decided on taking the stairs instead of running into us again as we head up back to Stacey's office.

"Stacey, nice to see you my great friend!" Rose exaggerated as her eyes bored into us.

She motioned us to sit, staring at her computer in a stressed manner before looking back at us.

"Well don't just stand there you girls know I hate it when you just stand there."

Well.. Someone was definitely on their period today.

We all moved around in an informal fashion as I almost ended up sitting on Jenna's lap somehow as we sat on the couch.

"Hey." Cara pointed a finger at me and frowned.

"It was an accident." I whispered towards her, about to apologize before Stacey speaks up. She sounded completely annoyed.

"You're late. You know I--"

"Hate when my clients are late." Rose finished her sentence for her and Cara looks at the girl with the red hair with wide eyes.

"Sorry, it's true though right?" She shrugged nonchalantly as Stacey briefly drank from her coffee cup, glaring at Rose and then her eyes darting from me to the others.

"So what did you girls come here for again?" She mumbled, typing on her computer and looking back at us occasionally.

"Well, we wanted to talk about our new album which should come out pretty soon."

"Oh, well that's too bad." She smiled fakely and I frowned at how rude that just sounded.

She was really in a mood today, because now she was just acting somewhat similar to the Wicked Witch of the West.