Chapter 11.

••••••••

"So yeah, basically this chick somehow got my number and wanted ta book you fa a birthday party." I said, leaning back in my office chair.

"Oh word? When?" Chris asked.

"In 'bout a month or so. Over in the A."

"Aye them Atlanta parties have hella fine hoes. I need a couple new ones anyways." He laughed and ran a hand over his short hair.

"Nigga you dumb." I laughed too. "You already got Royalty and yo crazy ass babymama. I think you got enough women on ya plate, pat'na."

He rubbed his chin.

"You sholl right." He shook his head, smiling. "Ima still be looking for em though. What about the chick that called you?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"What about ha'?" I questioned, already knowing where this is going.

Chris chased anything in a skirt, stranger or not.

"You gone let me have her or you got dibs?" He questioned.

"Nigga," I busted out laughing. "One, you don't even know what she look like. Two, did we NOT just agree that yo babymama is batshit crazy?"

"And? She ain't bouta stop me from gettin' pussy. She try to by giving me Royalty every damn weekend." He sucked his teeth. "Don't get me wrong, I love my baby girl with all my heart, but sometimes a nigga need to bust a nut or two with out worrying about waking her up."

I shook my head, laughing.

"You need help. Bye fam." I shooed him away.

"Ight. Peace." He dapped me up before leaving.

That nigga is something else...

~Bethany~

I was frozen in shock.

What the hell was she doing here?

"W-wha-what are you doing here?" I stuttered out.

"I work here." She laughed. "You're still so funny. By the way, how's August?"

"Bethany?" I heard Nathan faintly call. "Who is she talking about? Who is August?"

All I remembered was yelling at her before everything went red.

~Nathan~

"How dare you?!" Bethany screamed at the waitress, whom I'd figured out she knew.

Then Bethany lunged from the booth and tackled the woman to the ground.

Nearby customers stood up in shock and hurried to move away from the commotion.

Bethany straddled the woman and started raining punch after punch into her face, screaming like a maniac.

The woman's face began swelling and blood was flowing freely from a cut on her cheek but she wasn't fighting back.

I was glued to my seat until I saw Bethany stand and hold her foot over the girl.

"Bethany!" I shouted and reached to grab her.

She struggled against me, still trying to stomp her foot into the girl.

"Bethany no!" I yelled at her. "Stop, look at me."

She glared down at the woman and I took in her appearance.

Bethany's hair had come loose from the ponytail and was all over her head, making her look even more crazy with her wide eyes.

"You bitch! Do not bring him up!" Bethany shrieked into the woman's face.

The waitress smirked back at her and spit blood at Bethany.

Bethany howled.

"Bethany, please stop! Please!" I cried and she turned her head to face me, like she didn't realize I was right beside her.

Her eyes were glazed like she'd just been woken from a daze.

She looked down at the blood covered waitress, then at me.

She flinched and stopped fighting against me, like she had no idea how it got there.

I sighed in relief.

Everything was silent until the manager broke it.

"What the hell is going on here?" A short, overweight man with a receding hairline bellowed.

Bethany started shaking as tears slid down her face.

I pulled her into my arms.

"Shh." I whispered, rocking her back and forth. "You're okay, I'm here. It's okay."

"I am not going to ask again!" The manager yelled looking around the restaurant.

A middle-aged woman stepped to him and whispered something into his ear, then they both looked in Bethany's direction.

The man frowned then said something to the woman that sounded like, "Call 911."

He was gonna call the police.

I had to get Bethany out of here.

I reacted quickly.

"There's no need for the police." I called to him. "I'll pay for all the damages caused."

His frown deepened.

"Get her out of here before I have her arrested." He growled, looking at Bethany.

I gritted my teeth to keep from responding with a few choice words.

I pulled Bethany to her feet, grabbed our things from the booth and walked slowly towards the front door.

Some customers shook their heads at Bethany as she walked staring straight ahead.

Some refused to even look in our direction.

When we reached the door, I looked back.

The manager and a few employees were helping the waitress up.

I remembered her name tag said T'Asia so I filed that name to ask Bethany about later.

Or maybe not, seeing as she almost killed the woman.

I had a feeling that Bethany's past was a lot darker than I originally thought.

I looked down at her pressed against my side, now sobbing.

"It's okay." I whispered. "I'm here. Everything is going to be okay."

I just hoped that was the truth.

By the way, I changed T'Asia's character to Jourdan Dunn because she looks more evilish to me.

Any thoughts?

Bethany losing her mind?

Nathan's kindness?

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~