Chapter 4 - First Kiss

Here's a shoutout to ijbplm for making the two fantastic covers I'm posting in this chapter! I love them so much, girl! Thanks a bunch!!! Oh, the pics even match the title of this chapter!!! Kiss 👄

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 4 - FIRST KISS ~~~

        The next day, I intended to apologize to Nigel. Though he didn't believe in sorries, as he said faults can't be scraped out with a sorry, I still thought that I needed to extend my apology, whether he would accept it or not. Seeing him then would require my most presentable look so, before I went to him, I showered; blowdried my hair; slipped into an off-white top, coffee brown short shorts, and a pair of white flip flops; and tied my hair neatly in place in a ponytail. Happy with how I looked, I went out of my room to see Nigel.

        I found him in the library browsing his laptop. He was sitting on his favorite chair there, the one made of narra wood located in the corner of the room facing the narra desk. He was so engrossed with what he was doing that he was not able to notice my presence. Besides, his back was facing the doorway.

        I stood there for a while just looking at his muscular back. At that time, there was nothing I'd like to do but just hug him right there and then.

        I had so many things to say to him. I wanted to apologize about my being childish and spoiled. I wanted to apologize about my being selfish. I wanted to tell him just how much I liked us to be friends and be civil to each other. And, most of all, I wanted to promise that I'd change for him if that was what he wanted and if that was the only way for him to finally learn to love me... and not call me a brat or... a fool anymore.

        By and by, as I was standing there by the doorway, Nigel turned his head and caught sight of me. Perhaps, he had sensed that somebody was dutifully staring at him. Nevertheless, he went back to what he was doing. He didn't bother to ask what I wanted. Perhaps, he was waiting for me to talk.

        I was tongue-tied, however. I didn't know how to start. Would somebody help me?

        "Are you just going to stand there?" he started to talk anyway. His back was still towards my direction.

        My heart fluttered when I heard his voice. I didn't expect him to talk first.

        I wasn't able to answer for I was still groping for words to say. What if he'd get angry, insult me or shout at me? What if he'd call me names again?

        I kind of just sulked in there. Finding the right words to say to the cold Nigelito Joaquin was a very difficult, crucial thing. Conversations with him were always like writing the best essay. You have to put all the right words together, organize your thoughts logically to receive a good grade from your English teacher. It was that hard to start and even stay in conversation with him.