Ch. 3 - First time saying 'No'

Hi my lovelies!

Okay can I just start off by saying that I can't believe this book has over 500 reads!

So sorry for like going MIA, we literally have a competition tomorrow and it's from 7 am to 10 pm. Like I'm already so exhausted cause we have a dress rehearsal Thursday night and oyyyy.

But y'all are truly the real mvp <3 you guys are really supportive and I lovee you all for it thank you so much for your votes and comments!

On with da story!

-C.W.
--------------------
Roselyn

*Recap*

He smiled at me holding a black box in his hand.

"Roselyn, will you marry me?" He popped the box open and and my mouth fell open.

I stared at Chase, then to my father, then chase and then back to my father. Each of them had the same expression, confusion well my dad had a hint of anger in his eyes.

My mind raced all over the place, I didn't want to marry Chase. Like sure he was my best friend and I love him but not like that.

I heard my dad clear his throat impatiently.

"Uh-I." I choked and cringed.

My father hated it when I mumbled it was a sign of defiance or hesitation for a princess who shouldn't have those qualities. I looked out at the crowd and they all looked at me perplexed.

These were my people, I would become the Queen soon and stuttering isn't an option. But to an arranged marriage to someone who isn't my mate?

I cringed again, at the thought of never meeting my other half ever in my life.

"Roselyn." A voice whispered. I turned around to see Marissa.

"Say something." She motioned toward Chase with her head.

I pursed my lips and turned back to Chase who was still on the floor waiting for an answer. Just say something polite, I told me self. But reject it but polite.

"I...well everyone expects me to. And your the Beta's son, and it only makes sense that the daughter of the Alpha should marry the Beta's son..." I cautiously told to him.

I pulled my hands away from him. "But this is happening so quickly. I-I think I need...I need time to think."

I stepped backwardly off the stage and into the crowd. Everyone completely starred at me, my father, Chase, Marissa, and the crowd as I walked slowly out of the ball room.

~*~

Right as the doors closed shut, I ran out of there as fast as I could.
I heard the sound of my heels clicking down the flights of stairs.

I lifted the bottom of my dress so that I wouldn't fall. I jerked open the iron doors and made a run for it. Outside the doors people laughed and talked and ate together.

I ran past them ignoring when they would call out to me if I was alright. I continued to run out of the palace and reached the gates.