Tohru

Tohru's P.O.V

Hi there! I'm Tohru Honda. I'm seventeen and after my Mom died in an accident last year, I went to live with a kind family called the Sohmas. However, the Sohmas hide a dark secret: when they are hugged by a member of the opposite gender, or when their bodies are under a great deal of physical stress, they transform into an animal of the Chinese zodiac!

I've been living with the Sohmas for quite some time now. Well, actually I live with Shigure-san, a kind twenty-something novelist. He's also a bit obnoxious sometimes but we're all used to it. However, he's truly kind, taking me in like that. Shigure-san is the dog of the zodiac.
I also live with Kyo-kun and Yuki-kun. They hate each other. For the last two new years my wish has been for them to get along better.
But I'm friends with both of them and they are both really nice people. I'd really miss them if I didn't live with them.
Yuki-kunis the rat and Kyo-kun is the cat.
The cat isn't part of the zodiac due to an old legend in which the rat tricks the cat, so Kyo-kun is determined to beat Yuki in a fight so he can become part of the Zodiac. He secretly envies Yuki-kun a little bit. And Yuki-kun envies Kyo-kun too.
But I love them both and I'm so happy to be living here with them. I am so grateful for every precious day I have with them.

Recently... something kinda massive happened. Kyo-kun...

You see, Kyo-kun wears these beads that prevent him form transforming into a foul-smelling, grotesque monster. It's part of the curse of the cat. I was really scared, but I realised that underneath the monster, was a frightened teenage boy with a kind smile and a soft side that he struggled to show sometimes.

Basically, I realised that the monster was Kyo-kun. My Kyo-kun. And I stopped being scared and instead I embraced the foul-smelling, grotesque monster.

Because I care so deeply for him. He doesn't know it... I really love him.

I...

OH NO!!! I've just remembered- I have to cook dinner! Gaah! I'm so sorry, I better go now...