Prologue

The silence of the night engulfed me as I was running for my life throughout the dark, gloomy halls of the museum. The only thing that could be heard is the sound of my swift footsteps followed by my pursuers.

Losing them seemed like a task I could not fulfil. Every corner there was one waiting at the end of the hall, blocking me from going further.

I was running for what seemed like hours when I came to a stop at the main attraction of the museum. The famous pirate ship, The Black Swan, with its beautiful masts standing high and proud. I couldn't help but stare at it in awe, but my admiration was cut short when the footsteps of my chasers neared. I had nowhere else to go, except aboard the ship.

I quickly climbed on the ship and made my way to the tallest mast trying to scale up it. I felt something pulling on my leg and when I looked down, one of the pursuers was trying to pull me down. I kicked him off and scurried my way up.

I was finally on the yardarm of the main mast when I noticed the pursuer behind me. I was facing towards him, backing up slowly when my head started swirling. I felt dizzy and lost my footing on the yardarm and started falling, I screamed for my life knowing that this was going to be my death...

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, this is my first story on wattpad. I decided to post the prologue so long and see what you guys think.

Please comment your thoughts and say if I should continue writing the story or not. (Please do not swear in the comments)