Chapter#27

Mahnoor's POV:

I really didn't want to go to the dinner with him nor do I want to be introduced to his business partners and friends. But who said I am allowed to deny to what he says? Therefore, I silently obey and got ready for it.

"You look beautiful, Bhabi. White colour suits you." Said the maid who came to help me get ready.

"Thank you." I forced a smile and turn to the mirror.

The person I found there was not me. I never wear anything heavy or too fancy, it was never my style. But the girl standing in the mirror was wearing a heavy dress, makeup, and high heels.

Bold, mature, somewhat calm, and collected. How Moosa Khan's wife is supposed to look.

Where have I lost Me...?

It felt like something stab in my chest. The maid had already left, so I lowered my head and allow my feelings to flow from my eyes.

Minutes later, I walked out of the room and found Moosa talking on the phone and a cigarette in his hand. He was wearing black pants, a waistcoat, and a white shirt. Since he was busy my eyes started to wander around aimlessly until I heard him mumbling 'Mashallah'.

I watched him strolling towards me with a genuine smile on his face, something I never soon on his face. The glint in his eyes was captivating, forcing me to continue staring back into them, but I abruptly lower my gaze and he came to a halt, few steps away from me. There were minutes of silence between us. I kept feeling his eyes on me and I kept my focus on his shoes.

He took a hold of my hand and placed a kiss on it, "I don't know what to do now... Should I take you to dinner or back to our bedroom?" His words startled me, making me step back from him.

"Come. We will be late." He chuckled and pulled me.

We walked hand in hand silently out the house and was greeted by five well-built guards, wearing black uniforms and holsters on the side. They all mumbled 'Assalam o Alaikum Bhabi' as soon as they saw me. I also answered and then I felt Moosa squeeze my hand a little with a small smile on his face.

He led me to his vehicle, which happens to be a Prado again, but it was a navy blue this time. A guard opened the door for me and Moosa helped me sit. He jumped in from the other side and the driver Salam us both.

The convoy of two Jeeps, one bike, and one Prado start moving. I didn't get the point of this much security. It wasn't this strict when we arrived here yesterday or maybe it was just a show-off for the guests there. But regardless of the reason, I didn't feel comfortable with this.

Lost in thoughts I kept looking through the window as the scenery passed by but soon become aware of my surroundings when I felt a hand on my lap.

"What is it? You look disturbed." Moosa asked and I shook my head in negative.

He took my hand and put it on his lap. Closing his eyes, he leaned back onto the seat and start making patterns on my hand's back, next moment he was tracing his finger on mine and then he intervened our fingers tight.

What is he doing...?

The drive was short and my hand remained on his lap the whole time. The car came to a halt at a grand entrance of a building, which seems like a hotel. I've never come to this city so I didn't know anything about it and I was not going to ask him. My side of the door opened and I found Moosa standing there, holding a hand out to me.

Hesitantly, I gave him my hand and he helped me in getting out. As we stepped in, a beautiful girl came rushing toward us.

"Mr Ali, this way."