Chapter eighteen | Coward

Update later than usual but I've recently became busy with some extra activities and I'm not longer free to write as I like :'( ... But I hope you guys do enjoy this chapter ... It's gonna be long and please guys, vote ! And comment .. I'd really appreciate it.
____________________________

"We need to talk."

"Bye," His deep voice spoke then there was the door slamming in my face. Not surprised though.

"Open up!" I demanded as I began pounding on the door not caring if it annoyed him.

"Go away Alexis," He growled out and to that I ignored and kept banging on the door.

"Open the frigging door! You threw me down and now you don't have the courtesy of talking to me about it. What's your deal!" I yelled and kept up banging my knuckles against the wooden door that was actually resulting in causing me pain.

"Frigging? Really? You're ridiculous you know that?" Said Payne's voice from the other side of the door."Go away Alexis! "

"No!" I yelled back ignoring how he made fun of my own version of obscenities, I did my last knock in a bang and gathered up my courage. Time to push my luck some more, I already started and with Payge not too far away I felt confident with myself and my anger was building up over any sensible thought my mind could have come up with for me to shut up and leave.

"You know what! You're an asshole! I want to talk to you and you refuse me? Its okay though because I know why" giving him a second to realize that I called him an asshole I went on again. "You're a coward."

Well that had the door opening.

In a rush the door flung open and an angry Payne came out but before I could even process what was happening I was up against the wall behind me and my throat was in his large hands with his height towering over me and his face starring down at me with pure anger in his eyes.

I crossed the line, yes, but right now I didn't care. He crossed the line by throwing me down.

"HOW DARE YOU!" he growled out in my face and I kept my gaze steady and swallowed my fear as his grip tightened on my throat. "I'm not a coward. I refuse to tolerate your annoying presence, you are the most infuriating person I've ever met and I could do much worse to you than throw you down." He paused as a grin spread across his face because of my clawing against his hands. They were getting even tighter. Panic started to flare inside me but I needed to see this again, the beast in action.

"It would be so easy for me to snap your little neck and watch your body go still as you die. I thought you were smart by hating me, running after me for reasons for why I do what I do proves you very stupid now. You're Alpha using you like he did makes sence, he was right to do so after all."

It was almost as if the world paused for me to the focus only on what he said and when I did, it hurt. That was one of the worse things someone could have told me. Saying that I deserved what my Alpha did to me even when he didn't know everything that, that sick man made me do, some of those things I refuse to even think about anymore because if I do there's no doubt I'll break down.
I felt a hot tear slide down my face and I saw what I always saw in Payne's face, nothing.

Payne's grip against my throat was getting tighter by the minute and the grin on his face didn't move, staying there and haunting me as I struggled for breath. I could easy call Payge from in the other room, all I had to do was scream or create some type of noise to alert her, that was if she still stood by her word. I didn't know what to trust when it came to these two but either way I wasn't going to call her. I needed to do this for myself. I've lived a hard life that might not be so long but before I was taken in here I craved freedom and maybe that freedom I craved only came one way. Releasing the grip I had on Payne's hand I took both my hands and pressed for him to go even tighter. The surprise that washed through his face was pleasing and the grin on his face quickly fell. "P-put yourself out off y-your misery then." I stammered through short breaths.