Playing With Your Head

Hellooo all my gorgeous readers...I would apologize for my time away-but I really need time to bounce back after school ended. All your messages and comments were very encouraging and funny to read thank you <3 What have you guys been up to this summer?

********Enjoy*********

"Merry Christmas!" My mom cheered over my sleeping body. I raised my eyebrows with a smile and stretched out my body as I prepared myself to get up.

"Erie Chrismas." I yawned.

"Get up! Get up!" She rushed me. "You're worse than Eric." She whispered fiercely.

"Why are you up so early? Aren't I supposed to be doing this to you?" I glared at her.

"Yeah well it's getting later and later so get up. Or I'll just let Eric eat all the food I cooked." I pulled back my covers and ran out my room while my mom laughed behind me. I jumped steps and quickly turned into the kitchen where I saw Eric grabbing a hand full of bacon.

"Stop right there!" I shout, pointing a finger at him accusingly. His eyes snapped to mine in an instant. He looked like a deer in headlights as his hand released the strips of bacon. "You greedy pig. Only grab three."

Eric began grumbling under his breath as he grabbed the best looking strips and put them on his plate. I pulled out a stool next to him and smiled happily. "Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas, J." Eric smiled kissing my forehead.

"Hurry up and eat so we can open up gifts." I urged. I stuffed my plate with food and didn't hesitate to dig in. I danced in my seat as the great seasoned bacon taste hit my taste buds. After we all ate our food the three of us all shuffled to the living room.

"Alright! You know the drill. Youngest to oldest." Mom insisted. She wore her usual Christmas sweater that she wore every year. Her hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail and her face was bare of all makeup. The smile on her face was bright and I was happy to see my mom home and happy. It seems like I never see her anymore. I grabbed the first box I saw with my name on it and opened it with a happy face. The next hour or so went on like this and everyone was delighted with their gifts.

"Alright let's head to Trevor's." Eric announced. I went upstairs and changed into some more appropriate clothes to wear out. My mind went to the phone that I hadn't acknowledged in a while and I slowly walked and took the box from under my bed. I opened and saw two messages waiting.

You have no idea how much this hurts...

Merry Christmas. Don't do anything stupid.

I bit my lip while analyzing the messages and hesitantly responded.

Damon...tell me if this is you. I don't know much longer I can do this. I miss you...so much.

I put the phone back in its spot and hurried out of the room knowing they were waiting on me downstairs. Mom grabbed the gifts she bought for their family and turned off the lights of the house. I grabbed a jacket and wrapped my body up shielding myself from the winter air. "Hurry up, Jamie!" Eric called from outside the house. I walked down the steps being sure not to slip and followed my family to the house.

"Merry Christmas!" We chorused as the door was opened.

"Merry Christmas!" Trevor's mom cheered. Mona clapped happily behind her and she grabbed my hand telling me about all the cool toys and stuff she got for Christmas. I entered their family room and admired their Christmas tree set up and all the boxes everywhere around the room.

"Wow. That's really cool Mona. You must have been a really good girl this year!" I smiled.

"Yeah! I was!" She smiled brightly.