Chapter 33- The Wedding Part 1 [E]

Annie ran her hands down the luxurious softness of the maxi gown she wore and viewed herself in the long mirror. The hair dresser and make-up artist made her look exquisite. Dark kohl lined eyes stared back at her and the deep fuchsia colored lipstick gave her lips an even plumper look. Her strawberry-blonde hair was half way up in ringlets that flowed and cascaded down her back. 

They transformed her into a creation.  The dullness in her skin washed from her face and a fresh radiant look took over, concealing her fatigue and sadness.  The dress she chose hugged her like a glove after it was altered twice due to the weight loss she acquired. 

The soft sparkly deep red of her gown stood out against her peachy skin, giving her a soft, inviting appearance.  The back was open like a V, her arms and shoulders bare while the dress skimmed the floor. 

Annie's heart beat radically in anticipation of the coming events.  She took a deep breath and left the hotel suite she prepared herself in and headed to Sheila's room.  Entering, she found her mother, Cici and her other three sisters that flew in from school to attend the wedding.  Sheila's mother was putting the finishing touches of jewelry to her daughter's neck and ears. 

Everybody was fawning over the bride and Annie felt a pang of envy.    Deep down into the depths of her soul, she felt even more alone than ever.  Weddings, couples, happiness, and the love she witnessed left her with a painful reminder of the her non-existent future with Julien; the happy ending she was close at grasping only to be ripped apart from her so cruelly.

Annie felt the sharp pain in her stomach recalling the dream she had about her wedding day where she waited for her groom as he stood outside her room door...

The wedding dress she spied the day in the boutique she and Julien visited...

It was so long ago, shaking her head sadly. She would never find happiness again.  She lost so much before she could grasp it and fully enjoy her life. She would never marry...she would never feel a child grow within her..

Julien was her first relationship and last. 

It disgusted her to think of anyone else touching her. History was not repeating itself. The walls she built protecting her were nothing in comparison to the one's she had surrounding her heart now.

Annie vowed to never allow anyone to make her feel weak and penetrable. She vowed to never succumb to her emotions. Clenching her teeth together to keep her thoughts from overpowering her and force her to break down in front of all of them and ruin the special nuptials, she stayed silent.

Brushing her misery and negativity briefly to the side, she took a deep breath and inched closer to inspect Sheila's dress.  At first glance it was exquisite, made of the finest white silk, with a great puffy skirt and crystal sequined bodice made her look like a princess out of a fairy tale. 

Sheila's smiled happily and turned towards them.  "I'm ready!"  She announced.  Annie's sister's helped hold her long train and exited the room. 

Charlotte hugged Annie to her side in support, leading her down the hallway into the next elevator. 

"You look beautiful sweetheart...chin up and back straight." Her mother murmured. 

Annie automatically straightened her back and looked up, not realizing she was slouching.  She gave her mother a tight smile, grateful for her understanding without communicating words. 

It was going to be an emotional night and she would try to not let her mood dampen the happiness of the evening.  The elevator opened revealing Sheila and her entourage along with the wedding planner in tow.