Chapter Forty-One

[A/N]: Oh my god. I always keep on forgetting that I should be dedicating the last few chapters to the readers who constantly comment. 

So yeah.

If you guys get a dedication in the last few chapters, it's because you're simply awesome.

But anyway, this chapter is dedicated to a person who made the new cover on the right. Isn't awesome?  The details is so amazing and I absolutely adore it! So htank you VidishaJain!

Anyway....

SIX CHAPTERS TO GO!

- kelly_1231

Chapter Forty-One

Sunday, May 20th.

CARSON'S POV:

The following morning after the Battle of the Bands, I found myself trying to forget all the events that took place that night by distracting myself with excessive cleaning over the apartment, studying for my exams next month, and just watching television. However, even then, I couldn't bring myself to fully forget the fact that i just had my first encounter with Vincent in weeks and that the famous music producer, Blaze Carter, had literally just offered me a chance at a record deal. I tried forgetting all of this because if I acknowledged the fact that it did happened, then i had to acknowledged the fact that I literally just rejected my dream of being a real artist and being able to perform in front of thousands of people like Vincent got to do every night.

Yes, I know. 

If I was so hung up over the fact that I blatantly dismiss my chance at being a well-known musician, why didn't accept the offer in the first place? 

To be quite honest, I didn't really know the answer to that myself. 

Maybe I was scared about the fact that there was a slight possibility that I could end up the same way as Vincent Gray-- cocky, arrogant, and rude. That was basically scary enough because I sure as hell didn't want the fame of being some famous musician getting to my head. I didn't want to end up going crazy or something because I couldn't handle the fame. Not to mention the fact that I also had to live with the disadvantages of being a musician. I mean, did I really want the paparazzi stalking my every move? They were already doing that. Did I really want my personal life being front pages on every single magazine stand? Absolutely not!  There were so many disadvantages of becoming famous but shoudn't have that not mattered to me?

Shouldn't have the thought of living my dream be good enough? 

Or was I just scared about something else?

~~~~~

On Sunday morning, I just stayed in bed staring at my wall of pictures and how so many more pictures were added over the course of the last two months. There were pictures of Gracie, Simon, and I making random faces at the cameras and another one of us jumping like idiots as if were on the poster of High School Musical. There were some pictures of us and the rest of our friends eating at the Harley's Diner and of us in Wonderland with Ethan. And as my eyes scanned over the new sets of pictures, I couldn't help but notice the amount of pictures there was of Vincent and I.

I almost smiled because they were actually really goofy pictures of us. There was a picture of Vincent staring at the camera with wide eyes and me behind him making bunny ears on his head. There was also a picture of Vincent pulling the sides of my ears to try to make me look like a monkey while I was just giving him the death stare.