Email

I was laying on top of Pan drawing lines on his chest. "Why did I come so much? That's never happened before."

He laughed. "I'm your mate. And your human. At least that's what I'm assuming." He laughing.

I snuggled against him. "I feel bad for the werewolf girls who don't go through that." I said and he laughed again.

And with that I fell asleep.

•••••

Pan's POV

I stroked Venus's hair as her breathing slowed into a steady rhythm. She was laying right on top of me, but I couldn't be any happier.

There was a knock at the door. It really irritated me, but I repositioned Venus off of me and I slipped my slacks back on. Then I took them off because they smelt like Venus's sweet liquid.

I slipped on a pair of sweatpants and went to the door. Henry stood there.

I pushed him down the hall away from the intoxicating smell of Venus. I probably wouldn't have been so irritated if I didn't know that Henry had already smelt her.

"Valery sent me to give you this. It's from the Beta of Alabama." Henry said then turned on his heels and left.

He had given me a printed email sent from the Beta to Valery.

Thank you for contacting me on behalf of your pack. It is an honor.

My lovely mate as suffered a lot from the many fights I have been in. At first I rejected her. I thought it would be better for her if the bond wasn't there anymore because she felt it on a physical level.

Then she became very sick after only a week. I was the only one who could help her. Now I am very happy.

But two weeks ago I was stabbed in my back, literally. And the same wound opened up inside of her. And after many tests they have decided that it would be unsafe for her to carry a child.

So the purpose of this email is to warn that pack member to be very careful. Very, very, carful.

Beta Johnson

Well too late for that.

I glanced at the clocked to find it was only four o'clock. I went to shower, I didn't want anyone else to smell Venus.

When I got out I put a pair of sweats on and then picked up the clothes in the bedroom and my office. Went to the basement and threw them into the wash.

I didn't think Venus would wake up anytime soon, so I went for a run.

It was dark when I came back. And Venus was still asleep, but her phone was ringing I looked at it and it was her dad. I didn't answer it. I just climbed into bed and let Venus curl into my side.