Epilogue

Small kisses on my bare shoulder cause me wrap the pillow under me tighter. The kisses move up my neck and warm breath tickles my ear.

"Teagan," He sings musically in my ear. "Time to wake up."

I groan as my eyes flutter open and I look up to see Theo leaning over me. "But I like it here." I complain. 

"Today is your engagement party." Theo reminds me as he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. 

"My engagement party? You mean our engagement party." I correct him as I roll over in bed so I'm facing the ceiling. "I just graduated college last week, can't a girl appreciate sleeping in late with her fiancé?" 

Theo smirks. "Nope." He then grabs my arms and pulls me up. "Especially when you're marrying me. Everyone wants to know who you are, where you came from, where you live-"

I laugh as I shove his shoulder. "I get it. The only benefit to marrying you is that I get to live in this big ass house." 

Theo gasps. "Teagan. Are you only marrying me for my money?"

"Obviously." I say like it's a well known fact. "That's why I just told you before we were married, because then you can call off the wedding- oh wait, that doesn't make much sense now does it. But you know, the press seem to have figured out before you did-"

Theo slides his hand across my cheek and tangles it into my hair. He kisses me softly and I lean into him on instinct. 

"Does it bother you?" Theo asks, face still close to mine. "That people think you are only marrying me for the money? Because it sure as hell bothers me."

I smile as I gently push him so his back in on the bed and I'm on top of him. I lean down and kiss him softly then slowly begin to kiss him passionately. I break the kiss and sit up far enough so I can look down at him. "I don't care what they think. I care about what you think."

Theo opens his mouth to respond to me, but my phone rings and snaps us back to reality.

"Ah, there is goes again. That's why I woke you up." Theo sits up and gives me one last quick kiss before hopping off the bed. "Julia and Erin have been calling you all morning. Apparently engagement parties are a big deal."

"Especially when I'm engaged to you." I retort, referring to his comment from earlier.

****

"We have been trying to call you all morning." Erin sighs as she runs up to me. 

I appointed Erin as my maid of honor, but I almost had forgotten about her bossy nature. Granted, that's exactly what I needed when it came to a maid of honor, but I still wanted alone time in the mornings with my groom to be. 

I look around the bar we rented out for the party. Technically Erin found it and I just gave her the okay, but I really didn't want that big of an engagement party. I heard they were supposed to be small, but like Theo said when you marry him nothing can be small. All I really cared about was Theo, but this gave Erin something to do. Lately she has been trying to find a job as a preschool teacher, but it was proving to be hard to find work around here. I told her maybe she should look somewhere other than New York, but Erin loved it here. She also liked being close to me. 

"There you are." I hear Julia's frustraited tone from all the way across the room. I wondered why these two were the only bridesmaids here. I'm not a complete loner, I made some close friends in college. It was hard to find them too, considering Harvard law students were extrememly stuck up. They had a right to be, but I didn't want to hang around those kind of people. They say you are who you keep close.