Chapter 4: Making Deals

Hajime's p.o.v

After my successful mission, I can easily say that many of the shinobi's here were quite surprised at my report. I don't blame them.. that's how the shinobi's in my village reacted about my first mission. However, it was pretty new to me at the time. 

I had no idea that there were going to be enemies on my first mission. I was only told to do a C-Rank mission. I was delivering a scroll of some sort and had to go to the Leaf. However, I was ambushed... boy, I remember how angry I was at my sensei. But he told me to expect the unexpected, which is true.. I guess.

Anyways, it was after school and I decided to go to the training grounds and work on my latest creation. This puppet was going to act like my armor. If I heard the rumors correctly, an Akatsuki member has an armor like this as well, which I am assuming is my brother. He's really smart! I never even thought about making a puppet armor! 

To this puppet I'm making, I was going to add spiky razor blades onto each forearm. However, I don't want it to look weird under long sleeves if I ever make it wear one, so I'll make a compartment to allow it to spin when needed.

I need to take some measurements so the blades don't scratch the wood inside or when it flips. Oh! Maybe I should also add a layer between the outer layer and the one going to be around me! That way I can fill that layer with my poison! Wait... no what am I thinking? What if something happens and it leaks through? Yeah, forget that whole idea entirely.

Actually, let's add the layer because I might want to add spikes on the back where the spinal cord should be. Oh! I have another idea! What if I make a type of hyperactive paste or wax of my poison to allow my blades to grab a bit of it before popping out and allow those blades to infuse with my chakra to try and melt it! 

Hajime, you sir, are a genius! This is going to be the best armor ever! I can add more possible ideas later on, and improve it. First, I have to test these theories and try to make a liquid poison into a paste or wax. Oh man, I'm getting really excited! Alright, I'll finish it up here and go hom-

"What's that?"

"Huh?"

A hand then reached out of no where and took the scroll I was writing my ideas and measurements on. I angrily looked to who the person was, and it happened to be Sasuke!

"Give that back!" I shouted. "How are you even here anyways?! You were no where in sight!"

"I just got here." he replied bluntly.

"Well, give it back!" I said, reaching for my scroll.

Sasuke placed his hand onto my forehead, pushing me away. 

"What is this?" he asked.

"My latest project!" I answered. "And I'll be damned if someone looks at it before I create it!"

I used my chakra strings onto the Uchiha and forced him to give it back. He looked at me shocked as I retrieved my scroll back. I quickly rolled it back up and stuffed it into my pouch.

"You're a damn savage, Uchiha! You can't just take things from people!" I said.

"What did you do to me?" he asked ignoring my comment.

"Chakra strings, duh!" I said with a smug look as I wiggled my fingers at him.

"They're stupid." he said.

"What?! Stupid? These babies control something we puppeteers call art! What can you do? Flash your pretty eyes? Ha! I bet you didn't even unlock them yet!" I said cockily.

"I may not have unlocked them yet, but I can guarantee you that I'll be stronger than you in the future!" he said.

"Is that a bet?!" I said, stepping up with my fist raised.