Crush

All the cafeteria tables were full of students. This is what you get when your teacher holds you up after class, lecturing about getting on time in class.

I was a little late this morning, my mum's car broke down in the middle of the road, so I had to walk for another 30 minutes to school. And I guess Mr.Bern is the one who's not very keen on accepting the fact that one of his favourite student being late.

I'm holding my tray after I have recollect the food that the lunch lady provided. It was mashed potato, meatballs and orange juice. I look to my left and right, seeking any unoccupied table until some group of kids had finished their food and stood up. There's the spot.

I was about to took a step forward there, then out of nowhere, Dinah Jane Hansen, shove my tray up to my chest and face. Leaving me with my lunch all over my white shirt. The yellow and brown stain of mashed potato and meatball were incredibly visible on the white shirt. Being a short tempered person, I can't hold my anger back.

I glared at her, as I clenched my fist. I can hear Dinah Jane and the rest of her friends mocking and laughing of me. I knew this one is not an accident.

"Brown and yellow really suits you more, sorry not sorry." She said still in her mocking laughing tone. Yup, that's the confirmation it was done on purpose.

My blood boiled as I was about to shout back at her. But another voice cut me.

"Dinah! What the heck?!"

A brunette girl with a caramelized brown eyes showed up to Dinah's side. Her face shows angered and concerned but still incredibly soft for someone who's angry. And familiar too....

"What?" said Dinah in -it's no big deal- tone.

"Apologize immediately." the brown eyed girl said sternly.

"I did nothing wrong Mila. But I'll apologize anyway." Dinah shrugging and stepped closer to me. With that scheming smile, she stood a feet in front of me glaring me down. She's 5 inch taller than me, but I still keep my hard face on, I'm not that easy being intimidate with.

"I am sorry." she said. Her voice was somewhat sincere and almost innocent, but her face tells a different story. It's sly and mischievous. I still put my hard face on her, until she walks away.

"Come on Mila! I'm hungry!" Dinah said as she walks to the empty spot where I was about to occupy not even care for me to say something else back. The brunette let out her long breath as she follow that bitch and gave me a smile and apologetic face. I don't smile to stranger. I just brushed it off and walked out of the cafeteria to the nearest girls bathroom. Letting my anger to subsided by itself.

My lunch is ruined, my table were taken, my white shirt is tarnished. So much for my happy lunch.

I was in the bathroom, trying to cleanse up the food stain on my shirt. I used toilet paper to rub down the food stain, and of course in the yellow and brown stain still clearly visible. I huff of exasperation. I'm so mad at that bitch, what's her problem?? I never seen her around anyway, let alone, interact. It's a little bit odd that some stranger all sudden attack you, with no reason at all.

A moment later, someone walks in the bathroom. I turned my gaze to the person, and it's the brunette girl from before. She caught up my eyes and we lock stare for a moment, her face shows the same expression from the cafeteria which is concerned and empathy. I turned my eyes away from her, feeling slightly embarrass with my current situation.

"Hi." she said above whisper. Usually, I would ran off and ignoring her with this particular circumstance. My dignity is my top priority. I hate being seen like this. But by looks she gave me, with that warm brown eyes fill with genuine intention and empathy, really giving me weak in knees. How could someone like her befriended with that horrible creature?? Her soft face and warm flawless figure that are so innocent but tempting to behold. How can I brush it off and ran away from her??