Chapter 86

"Why did you save me?" I asked while Toy Freddy started to fix me.

"Just because."

"I know you well enough that you wouldn't help me 'just because'. Now, what's the real reason?"

He sighed and looked me in the eye.

"You helped me so much. You helped me more than you think. And you did it, even though I've been so horrible to you. When I joined their side, I had no idea...how much...you really meant to me."

I smiled. For once, I actually like him.

"And, I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I'm sorry for laughing at you when you were getting torn apart. I'm sorry for abandoning you guys. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I can tell you really mean it this time. But wait a minute, I saw you watching me getting hurt by Springtrap."

"I was actually trying to escape them. Then, I saw the Phantoms gathered around, so I looked at what they were watching, and decided to save you. Even if it meant risking my own life."

"Why were you escaping?"

"I know the truth now. Why Springtrap was trying to stop the kids from getting freedom."

"What is it?"

"He was once a human, like they were. Then, he went insane and murdered them. He was their killer. The reason he's inside the rabbit suit is because they put him there for revenge. And now, since he lost his freedom, he wants to make sure they never get theirs."

It shocked me to discover his plan. You mean, Springtrap's the reason they died?

"He also lied about turning me and the Phantoms into humans. He was planning on killing us after he stopped you."

"Wow. Wait, that means...we can get the Phantoms on our side."

"There's no way they would believe us."

"You're right. Oh, by the way, where did you take Freddy?"

"I'll take care of that later. Let's just go back to everyone else."

"Good idea."

We walked back to the meeting place.

"I see you were wrong about Toy Freddy doing anything to Freddy." Toy Bonnie said as we walked in.

"Well...not exactly..." Toy Freddy told him about what happened.

"What? Then, where's Freddy?"

"I'll get him now." Toy Freddy ran off.

"I guess you were right. He is evil."

"He was, but not anymore."

"Can you trust him?"

"Of course I can. I know I can."

Toy Freddy and Freddy walked back inside.

"Everyone, listen up." The ghost said. "Now that everybody's here, we can initiate the final part of the plan. Soon, you will be free, children. Now, I need Payton."

Payton walked forward. The ghost whispered in her ear.

"What? B-but, I can't do it. I'm going to mess up, and then everybody-"

"It's for Maddie. You can do it. For her."

Payton thought for a second, then nodded.

"Okay, I'll do it. I can do it, right?"

"Of course you can."

"Not if I have anything to say about it."

Suddenly, the yellow rabbit came out from the shadows, and leaped on Payton.

"Help!" She yelled.

"Nobody can help you now." He began ripping her apart.

I tried to run and help, but Phantom Mangle pressed me up against the wall.

"You should be dead right now."

"But I'm not."

"Only because that traitor helped you."

She punched me in the face.

My second head went to work again and began snapping it's jaws at her face.

"Tell me, Phantom. What are you fighting for?"

"To stop you from giving those children freedom."

"But what do you have to gain?"

"Human life."

"Springtrap lied to you. He can't give you that. How would he in the first place? Magic? If he can't make himself human again, what makes you think he can make you human?"

She stopped and thought about it.

Phantom Mangle let go of me.

"You're right."