Imagine for valeria_loves_harry

Zayn's POV

"Valeri, wake up" I said trying to wake my 4 year old up. She groaned and turned away from me on her bed. "we're going to the park though" I say and she jumps out of bed and in my lap. I hug her and feel that she is a little warm but I ignore it and carry her to the kitchen. She snuggles into my chest trying to fall asleep. I set her on her chair and see that she is asleep so I shake her lightly. "Val, baby girl, wake up for daddy" I cooed at her. She opened her beautiful eyes and stared at me before she started crying and making grabby hands at me. "Whats wrong babe?" I ask as I pick her up and take her to the living room. I sit on the couch with her facing towards me. She was still crying and I had no clue why. "Baby girl, please tell daddy whats wrong?" I ask as I kiss her forehead. She doesn't reply but I notice that she is warm so I decided to take her to Harry's clinic. She was still in her cute onesie but Harry has been her pediatrician since she was born so its ok and she wouldn't let me change her. I just take her to the bathroom and help her brush her teeth and wash her face but she starts crying. "shhh, Val look here. Come on lets go" I said as she followed me to the car. She tripped on her way down the stairs and started sobbing. "shh, i am sorry baby. Lets go to Harry" I said softly and picked her up taking her to the car. I strapped her in her car seat and sat in the drivers seat. She had stopped crying by now but was looking pale.

"We're here" I said as I picked her out from her car seat and put her on my hip being careful of her leg. I think she broke it. I walk into the clinic and to the front desk with a crying Valeri. My baby girl is so sick and hurt. "Hi, Can I see Harry Styles please?" I request. "Yes he'll call you in. Just take a seat there but please tell me your name and the patients name so I can inform Dr.Styles" She said professionally. "My name's Zayn Malik and hers is Valeri Malik" I say and rub her back because she was hiccuping and crying so hard. She calmed down a bit and I took a seat in one of those waiting chairs. After 5 minutes I heard foot steps and saw Harry come in front of us. "Hi, Zayn. Whats wrong baby?" He asks Valeri. He is really nice to Valeri and they are close. Usually, Valeri lets Harry do his job but I dont think thats going to happen today. Val makes grabby hands at Harry and he takes her from me but of course asked permission. I handed her to Harry and we all went into the exam room. "Hey baby, I see there is something wrong with your leg. Do you feel icky too?" He asked a little bit calmed down Val. She nodded and grabbed onto his coat. "Can I take a little look at you and see whats wrong and then we'll make the ickies go away?" He said gently. She nodded and then Harry sat her on the bed while I was sitting beside her.

Harry's POV

Valeri is one of my cutest and little patients. I've been her doctor for a long long time, 4 years. "Can I just pop this under your onesie" I ask Val. She nods and closes her eyes almost asleep. "Aww, baby, you can lie back" I said and pushed her shoulders to make her lie down. Zayn unzipped her onesie and I put the diaphragm of my stethoscope on her chest making her cry. "Whats wrong?" I ask her. She doesn't reply but keeps crying and I cant listen to her heart while she's crying. "Shhh, look babes, I'm right here. You wanna sit in my lap?" Zayn asked her nicely. She made grabby hands at him and he took her in his lap and sat down on the table. She calmed down a bit so I listened to her heart and lungs. I knew Val wasn't going to tell me the problem so I had to do a full exam. "Can you look in front of me?" I ask her with my otoscope in my hand. "Yea" She said. I checked her eyes and they were all good. "Now, open up" I say. "Nooo" She whines and turns away from me and snuggles into Zayn's chest. "Please babe" Zayn asks her but she shakes her head no. He sighs and turns her around forcefully and she starts screaming her head off. "Shhhh Val" He said. "No" She said and tried to turn back but Zayn held her tight. She kept squirming so I couldn't check her throat. "Lie her down on top of you" I told Zayn. Thats what we used to do when she was younger and didn't compromise. She started screaming again but he held her tight. She clamped her lips shut so I couldn't check her throat, she is really fussy today. I tickled her chin a bit and tapped on it. She opened a little bit and I inserted the tongue depressor to make her open wider. Her throat was red so I had to do a swab. I quickly got the swab and hid it from her. As soon as I brought it in front of her, she started crying. I quickly swabbed her throat and she gagged. She stared at me and clung to Zayn.

I check her ears with a lot of struggle and took her temperature. Her temperature was 102 F. I lifted her shirt but she started kicking with one leg. I think her other leg was broken from the fall so I had put a brace on it earlier so she couldn't move it as much. I was going to take x-rays at the end. "I am just going to press on your stomach baby. It shouldn't hurt" I told her. Zayn held her hand and stroked her arm. I started pressing on her stomach and she started crying her heart out when I pressed a little harder. "Sorry love. It's a bit sore huh?" I said and wrote it in my notes. Zayn got up and sat her in his lap. "well I think shes coming down with the flu. Also, her leg might be broken so we need to take x-rays. I'll get the portable x-ray machine" I inform him and go out to get it. When I return to the room, I see Val clinging to her daddy and they both were talking in soft voices while Zayn was rubbing her tummy. I have to give her some medicine and a shot for pain reliever. "ok, put her leg straight on the bed and I'll take the x-ray" I explained. Zayn did as asked and I took pictures of her leg with her being calm. After I was done, I saw a clear break so I had to put a cast on. Poor girl, just isn't having a good day. "Well, she broke it so what color is your favorite?" I ask Val. "Purple" She replied. I nodded and set a cast on her leg with a bit of crying and fussing around. "I need to give her a shot and some medicine" I whisper to Zayn. He nods and sits on the bed holding Val a lot tighter in his lap. I prepare the shot and get a wipe. I take off her onesie a bit and wiped her shoulder. "nooo" She screamed as she realized what was happening. "Look at daddy" I said. I wiped her arm and gave her the shot but she didnt cry. I looked over and saw Zayn making funny faces at her and she was laughing. "You did such a good job" I say and hand her a teddy bear for a reward. She hugs her new teddy and closes her eyes wanting to sleep. I get the medicine out and put it in a dropper knowing that she wont take it willingly and I'll have to force her. "Open up Val" I say. She opens her eyes instead of her mouth and shook her head. I sighed and forced the dropper into her mouth a bit and squeezed the medicine in her mouth but she didn't swallow. "Come on swallow it" I say and tilt her head back she swallows it and starts crying. "Shhh, you did so good kitten. I'll see you next week to see how it's going" I say. Zayn thanks me and calms Val down. I see them exit the clinic and go to my room. I love being a pediatrician and helping kids.

AN: This is near 1,600 words. I really like the prompt and I love it where there are ddm's and stuff. Thank you so much for all the reads. I'm near 50k. School is getting harder and I don't know what to do because I don't want to let you down. I really don't know what to do! Please suggest something!