[54]: Fundraiser Planning

**Thank you @Pinkalicious11 for my lovely banner**

It was Monday morning and I was on a mission; I needed to speak to Mrs Tudor and Mr Harris. I'd worked my butt off all weekend to finish all of my dresses bar three. I still had my surprise dresses and one of my date dresses to complete. But I was going to work on them at home; I didn't want anyone to see them until they were revealed at the show. And I couldn't do anything else on my date dress until the glue had dried on part of the dress.

I had what I needed to complete the skirt part of my second date dress with me today and then the rest I'd be working on at home. But last night when I was doing a run through of the show in my head something occurred to me, we didn't have anything planned for an introduction. The media team were organising a flash video to project onto the screens either side of the stage whilst our models walked but there was nothing to start us off with. Then I hand a brainwave, Ash thought it was a great idea but I needed our teachers support before I could organise anything.

As soon as Ayla walked into class I left her to watch my work whilst I went to talk to the teachers.

"Is everything okay?" Ayla asks and she places all of her stuff down.

"Yea, I just need to speak to the teachers about an idea I have. If they say yes I'll fill you in, I'll need your help." I smiled.

The whole room was buzzing with everyone sewing, cutting, measuring and trimming all their designs. From the glances I was able to do, everything everyone was making looked amazing. And as much as I hated to say it, even Tina's designs looked good.

I was watching her as Mrs Tudor spoke to me. "What can I help you with Lydia?"

"Oh hi, well, I was wondering if I could have a word with you in private?" I ask quietly and she nods, motioning me to leave the room.

"If anyone needs me I'll be outside with Lydia." She says to the class, not that anyone paid her attention, they all had their heads down working.

I follow her out into the hallway, shutting the door behind me.

"Everything okay?" she asks and I nod.

"Yea everything is fine, I've almost finished my designs. I've just got my two surprise ones to complete and the last of my daisy dress. I'm waiting for the glue to dry." I say and she smiles.

"That's brilliant Lydia. You managed to finish off your casual outfits this weekend?" she says and I nod.

"They were the easiest to complete after the swimwear. I was able to finish them this weekend seeing as I just stayed at home and worked non-stop."

"Well done, I can't wait to see everything."

"I can't wait to show everyone what I've done."

She smiles at me again before asking me, "Was there a reason you wanted to talk to me?"

"Oh yea sorry. I well I was doing a run through of the show in my head last night of who was wearing what and which designs in order etcetera. When I thought what are we doing to start the show?"

"Like an introduction?" she says and I nod. "We don't have anything planned, we were going to just go straight into the show. What did you have in mind?"

"Well I was thinking something to do with our judges. They're from France and the USA so maybe a short runway with a couple of outfits welcoming them to our show and a PowerPoint to go alongside on the screens."

"I love the idea of welcoming them like that, it's a great idea Lydia but the college doesn't have any extra funds to pay for the costumes. The fashion show has used up most of our budget for the year; the rest went on the supplies we had for your designs."