3.2

"It's only platonic, but you still have my heart."

~~~

Knock, knock.

There was a few banging noises from inside before Ed said, "Who's there?"

"Pizza."

There was a breathed laugh and then a, "Pizza who?"

"Pizza open the door," Harry said in an embarrassingly stupid Italian accent.

The door opened and revealed Ed, sea green eyes blurry with tears and a sad smile on his lips.

"I wish I could hear Gemma tell those stupid jokes again," he whispered and Harry smiled shyly back, rubbing his neck. "But I suppose you're good enough."

Harry shook his head, stepping into the apartment. "I'll never be anything close to Gemma."

Ed shrugged, closing the door and watching Harry sit on the couch. "You put yourself down so much, Harry, but there's so many wonderful things about you."

"Like?" Harry grumbled.

"You just have the ability to make people fall in love."

"Not on purpose," Harry grumbled. "I seduce them into it, which is no fair!"

"You didn't seduce Louis. I can see how in love he is with you, not your body. I mean, I'm sure it's that, too, but you get-"

"I do, Ed. I'm just... I want to show Louis how true- I'm not here for this, Ed. I want to do something I haven't done in a long time."

Ed raised an eyebrow. "Look, mate, I love to hook up but-"

"Shut the hell up and sit down," Harry said with a laugh, making Ed laugh as well, sitting a foot apart from Harry, turning to face him.

"I'm waiting."

"Don't say anything until I've finished speaking."

"Okay," Ed said.

"Alright... I've... I had a nightmare, no surprise, but it wasn't really... It wasn't a nightmare, but it was. I'll explain. I dreamed about the first time you and I had sex-"

"Wow, what a nightmare," Ed sneered.

"I said be quiet, you twat," Harry grumbled. "Anyways," I woke up thinking about it and... It was a nightmare because I finally realized what I did to you, Ed. I'm truly such a fucked up person. I took my dead sister's other half for granted, took your virginity, your innocence, your damned happiness. I could never be sorry for anything more than this. And I'm shit at apologies but I just... I know now, I know what love feels like and I don't know what I'd do if Louis didn't love me back."

Harry took a deep breath, ready to continue, but the words got stuck in his throat, lost in his mind.

"Harry," Ed said softly, and, shit, he was crying, but he was also smiling, and Harry reached over and pulled Ed into a hug.

"I love you, Ed, and it's not the way you want, but I care so much for you," Harry said honestly, feeling his stomach drop when Ed let out a sob.

"Harry..." He whimpered, tightening his grip. "I'm-I'm so happy you just said that to me, I'm... I can't believe it. I love you, too, even if it's just a brotherly way to you."

Harry rubbed Ed's back, knowing it would be to much to kiss Ed's neck lightly, but Louis was honestly the only person he wanted to kiss.

"Do you want to go see a movie?" Harry asked, pulling away. "Maybe grab a pizza? Just, like, hang out?"