Chapter 28:

The moment we've all been waiting for...

Beck's POV:

It had been three days, since I'd brought Princess to the beach house. She was still no where near recovered, but she had accomplished some small victories. She now brushed her teeth, washed her face, went to the bathroom and occasionally took a bath on her own. She still had to spend most of her time in bed and still had to be carried around-much to her distress. She was always reluctant to be picked up, and scrambled to get down. She would look down at herself and frown, and I knew exactly what she was thinking. She thought she was too heavy to be carried, when in reality she was really underweight.

We had gone through most of the pictures on my iPad, and had spent our days watching plenty of movies and TV. Princess still took her medicine and a few naps a day, but eating was still a struggle. The second day when I tried to feed her breakfast, she completely broke down. Sobbing and shaking into a puddle of tears, and distressed cries. She had been asleep when I made her the smoothie, and after a rough night I think she was just really overtired. Princess, refused to eat the whole day, even when her stomach started to grumble- so I spent the day worrying about her but I couldn't even get a nod out of her. I had to call Blake- I didn't know if this would make her any worse or if I had done something wrong or if there was anything else I could do to help her. He said she would be fine, it was probably just residual effects of her shock and most definitely part of her fears. He told me it was nothing I could have done and he said if she didn't eat one day it wouldn't make her any worse, it just couldn't be a routine thing. I still didn't like it but there was nothing I could do.

The darkness, I discovered, was really the most terrifying for her so we've been sleeping with the bedside lamp on. I think the hardest part for Lexi was her fear. Before she never liked being scared, she hated how helpless she felt when she constantly needed to be near me. I honestly think she wants time alone, but she feels such a strong need for me. I can't possibly imagine being afraid of so many things, so intensely, especially when you're surrounded by them. I had been getting dressed the other day, and had tried to put my belt on to hold my jeans up, but Lexi's little eyes got so wide and fearful, and when she started to cry no matter how many times I told her I wouldn't hurt her i knew this would be the hardest thing i have ever done. I only hoped that just being around her and holding her and comforting her was helping at least a little bit. I felt useless though. I think it will be much easier for her to start to progress once she starts talking again. It will be easier for me to know what was bothering her, and then I could fix it. She had only been cleared to start reading and writing yesterday, but I know she had already written something in the journal. I was itching to read it but I would wait until I had her permission.

I had called the boys and they hadn't found much- a few journals, maps, and a couple of flash drives but nothing major on Dante and his men. In a few days Will, Hunter and a few warriors will go out and try to search the lands around Dante's compound for their camp, and then Justin will switch. Once Lexi was better, I would definitely be taking a trip to take a look around the place myself. This was nowhere near over. My wolf wanted that sick bastard's blood, and id be lying if is said a part of me didn't want it too.

Last night, Princess and I had fallen asleep watching a Disney movie. I figured something simple would help her relax and anything with a happy ending couldn't be bad for her. She also wasn't drifting off and zoning out as much, which I think is her remembering things that happened to her, but I cant tell if that's a good or bad thing. Is her remembering going to help her come to terms with it all and heal or is it just reopening her wounds.

The past few days have been difficult, so I haven't really been able to get packwork done. That's why I was up now at three am trying to finalize the pack's winter budget. I sighed and put my pen down. I was tired that was for damn sure, and I knew that if I kept working I would get it done, but id be doing a shitty job. I had two days left to sort this entire thing out before sending it to the Elders and then making adjustments in our restaurants and other businesses to bring in the right funds to keep us running. Not to mention with the growing threat of rogues, pack's had been sending me ally requests, but I needed to get Will's opinion on those. I suppose I could call him tomorrow. Maybe after I put her down for a nap I could get a solid two hours of work done. My wolf also really needed to be let out. He was happy to have Alexia back and be around her all the time, but he was starting to get restless after being cooped up for so long.