Sharing Is Not An Option

Chapter 7

I woke up the following day to an empty bed with no Darcy in sight, which made me think he must have gotten up a while back, seeing as the sheets on the side of the bed he had occupied were cold.

I didn't know what time it was, probably still somewhat early in the morning as it seemed as though the sun was rising and peeking through the shades. I got up to look around the apartment; maybe he was in the kitchen, probably getting some coffee. So naturally, I had to check.

Thinking about the previous night, I realized he must have been tired since it was already past midnight when we fell asleep. Last night was the first time we actually talked. Well, I mostly did the talking, and he mostly listened, asking me questions about my life and ambitions and the likes. I told him where I came from and what my life had been like. "What about you? What was your life like growing up?" I had asked him.

I expected him to be reluctant about answering but still give me something so that I wouldn't feel like I was alone in this. Sharing is hard when you are the one doing all the sharing.

"Well, you know, it was the usual, really." He had answered. I didn't know why I had expected more than that, but I did.

No, I don't know. So would you please actually talk to me? I thought to myself. He brushed off the question by asking me about something totally unrelated "So, what are you going to do for school?"

I had told him earlier I wanted to go to school, but I didn't know when that would happen.

"I don't know, I really want to start next semester." I told him.

"Then, why don't you?"

"Well," it was difficult to tell him this, "because it's costly, and I don't have that kind of money even if the government was to help with financial aid."

"Charlotte," He started by pulling himself up so that his back was resting on a few pillows. "Why don't you use the card I gave you?" He had asked. I was lying perpendicular to him with my head on his lap and my legs crossed, our bodies forming a T shape on the bed.

I turned my head to look at him. "I didn't know I could. I thought it was just for that night."

"No, it's not. It's for you to use whenever you need it. That's one of the perks, remember?" He explained. I turned around to look at his face. The smile on mine was impossible to hide.

"I don't know. That is too much to ask. I mean, it's just so much money." I was unsure, but I wanted to start school as soon as possible, so I wanted to slap myself in the mouth. If the man was willing to let me use his money for the greater good, which was my education, why wasn't I jumping on it? And really, that was the deal, wasn't it?

"You don't have to worry about that. I told you I would take care of you", Darcy started, his finger tracing my lips. "Plus, I'm a very wealthy man." The addition of that made me laugh as I moved my body to sit on top of him. With my arms around his neck and my legs on each side of him, I kissed him then.

"Thank you." A simple whisper before I kissed him again.

"You're welcome."

That night was also when I learned how great a lover he was; I never had anybody worship my body the way he did. He made me feel good, but he wasn't worried about his pleasure alone; he ensured I was satisfied.

He was a very giving lover, and I wanted more of him because, compared to the two other guys I've been with in my life, he was by far the most experienced of them all, I would say, and the least selfish. One minute I was sitting on top of him; the next, he had me on my back with him on top of me.