Prologue

He couldn't stop. It had started with grabbing that bottle. That stupid bottle out of the many that littered the apartment floor and the tables, and the anger had just built up, and the momentum was impossible to stop and...

Then he'd hit him. He'd never hit anyone before, would have never even imagined that he ever would, so why was he hitting him now? Why was he so angry? Why couldn't he stop?

Somewhere far away from him, he heard her screaming for him to stop. And He realized what he was doing. He was stabbing him, over and over and...What was he doing?

But he had been hurting her, hitting her again, drunk again.

When he finally stopped, all he could hear was a shrill tone. He dropped the broken bottle, letting it roll away across the carpet. He glanced at the blood on his hands, then he fell back, sitting against the wall as he cried. Across from him, he lay absolutely motionless. In the background, he could hear sirens, getting closer by the second. She must have called the police while he wasn't looking, while he was distracted with...

He tried to tell himself that it was okay, that he was okay, that everything would be fine, it was self defense, wasn't it? He just hadn't meant to go so far...He wished he hadn't gone so far.

"Appa, I'm sorry..." He whispered, knowing this was beyond sorry, this kind of thing wasn't something that could be forgiven so easily. This was...This wasn't even like him.

He felt numb as someone pulled him up by the arm, he couldn't meet their gaze, but he saw people flooding into the room. Police. Everyone was talking, but everything they said just sounded like an echo, like it wasn't real.

Maybe this wasn't real? Maybe he was dreaming? He hoped he was dreaming, because this was a nightmare.

"Taehyung!" Someone yelled, and he looked up and saw her, looking at him with a million questions in her eyes, standing behind a police officer that had apparently grabbed hold of his shoulders, trying to wake him from his trance.

"Why did you do it, kid?" The officer asked.

He drew a blank for a moment, then he opened his mouth, and the words had trouble coming out, "He was--."

"He's crazy!" She yelled pointing at him, tears welling up in her eyes. "Don't listen to anything he says, he's absolutely crazy! He killed my father!"

He was shocked. 'My father'? Wasn't it their father? And Crazy? He wasn't crazy, he knew he wasn't, it was just...her father was going to hurt her, didn't she see that? Didn't she remember that? How could she accuse him of being crazy? He knew she didn't like him that much but...

"You're going to have to come with me." The officer said.

Next thing he knew he had handcuffs clamped on his wrists, and whenever he tried to explain, they ignored him, they told him to stop talking, they must have just believed her, she did look like the sanest person in the room, he was only covered in blood.

They led him into a car, shoving him in like a criminal. He wasn't a criminal he tried to tell himself over and over again, and he wasn't insane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I started this because I just now figured out how I want to write this, and I didn't want to forget, I shall continue, but perhaps not immediately, but this is a tiny taste of where I want to go with this ^-^ <33