Chapter 8: The Unplaceable Emotions

Hey baby even though I hate ya!
I wanna love ya
I want you!
And even though I can't forgive you
I really want ta
I want you!

Tell me, tell me baby
Why can't you leave me?
Cause even though I shouldn't want it
I gotta have it
I want you!

(Ariana grande; Problem lyrics)

~~~~~
Unedited

Finding the truth unexpectedly made the whole plan took its route differently.

Nicolas suddenly felt hurt and angry. No, angry is understatement to describe the feelings he felt right now, being deprived with long years of his son's life.

It was his fault, but he had the right to know.

Why didn't she came to see him? Probably the whole situation was different. They probably be a happy family until now.

They wouldn't have wasted that five fucking long years!

Would you? His thoughts provoked.

He ran because he was afraid of commitment and the foreign feeling Adriana awakened within him.

He wasn't ready yet to give up his bachelorhood that time.

Nicolas placed the clutch on the bed and walked to the mirrored glass wall and watch the sky with lost thoughts. He shoved his hands deep down his pockets, all the while tying to calm himself. He needs to relax himself and confronting Adriana harshly is not a wise idea.

He needs proof, before he come up with his next plan.

Nicolas leaned his forehead against the glass wall, feeling lost, and at the same time overwhelmed with the thought of having a son, that he didn't met for five years.

I always tried to ditch that longing feelings just recently I felt when I met my friend's kids. I had longed to have my own, but I'm still not into commitment or marriage or love.

God, I am a father! I am a father since 5 years ago and I didn't know. Is this a punishment for all the heart I unintentionally broke?

Nicolas heard the washroom door open and he casually turned to face Adriana. She still looks hot, even after having a child. Her body is still in a perfect shape that I always crave.

"Thanks for getting my clutch," Adriana smiled not noticing the coldness and danger lurking underneath Nicolas' eyes.

She walks to the bed and opened her clutch. She took the phone and saw a missed call. She knew it was her mom. She forgot to call her last night.

"What's the name of my- your son?" Nicolas asked making Adriana's attention drifted to him completely.

Adriana look at him and she felt something uncomfortable. Nicolas seems too cold and dead serious. Adriana stared into his eyes as she walked a bit closer. She's getting edgy.

Nicolas was staring to her dead, cold. Adriana turned to the direction of the bed and pretended to fixed her luggage.

"What's the name of your son, Adriana?" he repeated with controlled tone as he walked slowly, like counting his steps.

Adriana never look at his direction.

"Nicolai," she trailed of, biting her inner cheeks hiding the sadness she felt, of missing him badly.

"Nicolai, sounds like Nicolas," he chuckled tersely.

Adriana froze.

What is he playing at?